• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What caliber do you carry and why?

Acceptable service pistol and self-defense loads from Dr. Gary Roberts. http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887

Also check out all of the other great information he has posted.

That whole website is one of my favorite resources... that diagram is one of the reasons that I carry 9mm Doubletaps @ 1320 f.p.s. when I carry a 9mm instead of a .40.

It should more closely resemble the .357 Sig at that velocity.

Last edited:
I have been carrying a pissed off raccoon, but he has grown used to it and has lost some of his ferocity....thinking of going to the 16lb armadillo...I can hold him by the tail and swing him.....like THOR's Hammer!

on the other side...I have some Ranger ammo and some Gold dots.....I may try them...just kinda got used to carrying (and trusting) the hydra shocks....just really looking for the nastiest bad guy stopper out there....

I have been carrying a pissed off raccoon, but he has grown used to it and has lost some of his ferocity....thinking of going to the 16lb armadillo...I can hold him by the tail and swing him.....like THOR's Hammer!

on the other side...I have some Ranger ammo and some Gold dots.....I may try them...just kinda got used to carrying (and trusting) the hydra shocks....just really looking for the nastiest bad guy stopper out there....

The hydrashock is a dated round. The new HST is a much better round from Federal.

Back
Top Bottom