Status
Not open for further replies.

Espartis

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
60   0
Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking for a good chest rig for hunting this summer. I hunt with an ar15 in 6.8spc and a glock 29 typically and also bring out the 12ga often as well....so I'm looking for something I can carry a divers range of shels, saiga mags, ar mags, and pistol mags...what are some people using out there?

Also I'm not sure how people are doing this but I'm curious as to how you're carrying enough orange on your rig when hunting as well..I have a nice orange vest I use when hunting small game as it is a bird vest and it's pretty loose but I don think I'd want to wear it over a rig just because It would be cumbersome and not to mention hot!

I had a UTG tactical vest but sold it ...maybe I should just buy another one??
Looked like this:
[Broken External Image]:

I use a UTG tactical vest like the one pictured but mine is all black that I wear when hunting in cold weather back in KS. When bird hunting or warm weather hunting i use an UTG drop should holster vertical with Tactical belt and molly gear should add ons. If I feel like going no shoulder gear I like a UTG drop leg holster. I love my vest but some mags have trouble fitting if you go full load out. It likes metal AR mags not tapco if you double up. Same with Ak mags. G3/CETME/FAL mags are iffy and only fit one. I added some back packing flex support bars on mine attached to the Molle webbing on the back for support. For the price mine has taken on the swamp, the rolling scrub thorn filled plains of Kansas, Kansas duck marshes and a week long back backing trip around Colorado packing my .45 in the attached holster. I love my vest and the amount of space you can pack stuff into which is sometimes a major negative if you over pack.

My comparisons to other vests I have had stem from trap and upland bird hunting. I Received two Remington Trap/skeet vests from our trap sponsors in 04 ONe broke down after 500rds and around 10 miles in the field. The other got lost somewhere on the roads in Ks. In 2005 our 4h sponsors bought us Beretta Trap vests like Tom Knoxx shoots. This one lasted until summer of 06 1500 sporting clays rounds and over 3000+ trap loads 20+ field miles walked. My UTG vest has scene 30+ miles, 600+.223, 1k AK-47, 400 shotgun rounds 100 of them slug/ buck shot. It has carried a pistol for 25+ miles with all pistol mag slots full and the straps are just now starting to loosen up so the pistol sags. The radio pouch fits all kinds of Cell phones and some personal GPS systems.
This is just my experience with this system. I am sure others have their own experiences with it. Hope this helps.

Espartis -do you use the molle attachments on the rear of the UTG vest when you had it? If not you can get blaze orange cloth from a number of stores and pin it/sew it over teh molle gear attachments on the rear. Also a blaze orange hat can make up for your inches.

Have a new Blackhawk Tactical Crossdraw Vest and thigh holster for sale at a discounted price if interested.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/sh...-Vest-and-a-thigh-holster&p=162214#post162214

i52.tinypic.com_2hziv84.jpg

000_0019.jpg This is an older pic from 2007 in afghanistan before I had the IOTV and had the regular IBA. I think this was when my platoon went to Asadabad for a refit after being out in the Pech River Valley for about 90 days or so without showers and clean clothes. Good times.

View attachment 27950 This is an older pic from 2007 in afghanistan before I had the IOTV and had the regular IBA. I think this was when my platoon went to Asadabad for a refit after being out in the Pech River Valley for about 90 days or so without showers and clean clothes. Good times.

Can't tell if you look mean or pissed off. Lol. Thank you for your service! Nice set up you got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom