• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What cigar have you been smoking lately?

About to go have a Blind Man's Bluff (Caldwell) and some Jefferson's burbon

upload_2018-10-11_19-40-2.jpeg

Only cigar I like better is "The T" by Caldwell and a couple of other folks.

As good as always. Caldwell seems to be at the top of the game right now.

I have of box of The T napping as well. Figured i'd work on the Blind Man's Bluffs first. The only downside I've found with those is a slight inconsistency in the way they burn about 1/3rd of the way through. I almost always have to hit a 'slow' side with the lighter to even it up for the rest of the burn.

As good as always. Caldwell seems to be at the top of the game right now.

I have of box of The T napping as well. Figured i'd work on the Blind Man's Bluffs first. The only downside I've found with those is a slight inconsistency in the way they burn about 1/3rd of the way through. I almost always have to hit a 'slow' side with the lighter to even it up for the rest of the burn.

May be telling you what you already know, but sometimes if you dry box your smokes for a couple days - just a few at a time - it'll knock back some of the humidity that tends to collect on the length of the stick that it lays on in storage, giving a more even burn. I remove any cello at this point as well. It also helps when smoking outdoors (which is almost always for me) during high humidity days, as dragging humidity thru while smoking can make cigars seem fireproof after the first third...

Glad to finally see some temp & humidity drops heading our way!

It's funny you mention that because I just ran across that same advice last week from a friend. I'm going to try it out for the next few and see if it gets rid of the unevenness.

He also mentioned it would help with cigars with a tight draw, although that's never been the case with the Caldwell stuff I've tried. Makes sense though, since reducing the humidity a bit could open up some airflow through the center by shrinking the tobacco some.

Back
Top Bottom