• View counts are not updating correctly, we are looking into it now. Thanks!

What constitutes a "low ball offer"

TheGman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
221   0
Reaction score
Just curious @ varying opinions. There is an old saying "one mans trash is often another mans treasure" the relevance of that is what is a low ball to one may be a reasonable offer to another.

I'm curious and does it make you mad if someone sends a PM offering less that you are asking?

Happy Independence Day weekend all.

I don't mind an offer, or inquiring what's the bottom dollar, but don't offer me a totally retarded price.

I price my stuff fairly. This is a hobby for me, I'm not looking to make money. But you'd be **AMAZED** at the number of people that, because I price something legit, take it as a desperation sale, and offer pennies on the dollar. Screw you.

It got much worse when the Facebook crowd migrated this way.

Keep em coming it's interesting for ODT and I am in sales so it's interesting in a professional sense as well.
What area of sales? How do YOU respond if a potential buyer offers YOU something less than YOU valued YOUR sale item (from a business perspective)?

Most businesses have based the price they offer their goods and services at either a value commensurate with their investment plus stocking/handling expenses or at a price that is governed by the market.....there may be a "little wiggle room" but it's usually less than 10% of the set price.

For me, the price I list is the least I will take. I don't fault anyone for trying to get it for less but I am usually not receptive to a lower offer unless what I offered initially changes (like taking something in the initial offer off the table).

Back
Top Bottom