• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What distance is your AR15 zeroed in at ?

6 feet because I like tight groups. JK, normally I try to do 1" low 40 yds because that is what the local range had. Our average hunting shot is somewhere between 40-50 yds so it works out good.

50 yards, and 200 (or 225?) yards.

I know that for 100 yard shots, I'll have to aim a bit low. Maybe 2" lot at around 125 or 150 yards.
I know that at 250 yards, I'll have to aim a little high.
A lot higher for 300 and beyond.
But, that's what I think is most practical for me, where I shoot, and how I use my AR (when I used to have one; I don't at the moment. But I sight in most of my scoped centerfire rifles the same way.)

100 yards. But with a chart taped to the stock, a quick twist of the scope dial and it's zeroed from 20-650. Even my 3-gun rifle is set up this way. I cannot imagine doing it any other way (if you're running an optic).

What is the scope height (center of scope tube) over bore on a flat-top AR rifle, standard ring height and a scope that has maybe a 40mm front lens?

For most bolt action rifles I assume 1.7" of scope height, but it's always going to quite a bit more on AR's, isn't it?

What is the scope height (center of scope tube) over bore on a flat-top AR rifle, standard ring height and a scope that has maybe a 40mm front lens?

For most bolt action rifles I assume 1.7" of scope height, but it's always going to quite a bit more on AR's, isn't it?

Around 2.5" generally for irons and optics.

Back
Top Bottom