• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do i need to know about WMA shooting ranges?

hoochfisher

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   1
Reaction score
Want to take the wife and son(10yo) shooting.
Was told Clybel was the place but read the rifle and pistol ranges are closed till August, so i figured we'd go to Wilson Shoals range.

I've never shot at a WMA range before. What do I need to know? What do I need to bring besides eyes and ears?

Thanks for the help.

I would go at a very unusual time (no weekends), however I would recommended joining a range for a better experience or a friends land. if you use the search lots of good info on this.

Are you sure they are closed? My friend was just there about a month or so ago. Last year they dud an overhaul of the ranges.

This might help:

Have a WMA stamp and you should be good to go. Like it was said, better go on off hours. You may have to wait your turn type of thing. Check the hunting regs, they should be able to tell you everything you need to know

Want to take the wife and son(10yo) shooting.
Was told Clybel was the place but read the rifle and pistol ranges are closed till August, so i figured we'd go to Wilson Shoals range.

I've never shot at a WMA range before. What do I need to know? What do I need to bring besides eyes and ears?

Thanks for the help.
Body armor.

You'll need your normal range bag stuff. Also, don't forget targets. They have target stands and staple guns but you have to provide your own targets.

I think your son is free but your wife will probably need a hunting license (it's like 20 bucks - and goes to a great cause).

Have a great time. Wilson Shoals is really nice after the overhaul.

The license thing: website for the ranges says hunting, fishing or what I assume is the land use pass I've read about.

Then I've had people say any one of those is all I need. Ive been told just my fishing license is all i need. Then I've had people say you need hunting or fishing and a wma stamp.

What do I really need? Wife and I both have fishing license.

I have always kept just hunting and big game at least since the time that they started including wma with it. You should be able to go to DNR site and see what’s required.

Back
Top Bottom