• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do y'all think really will help?

stop putting the blame on other things aside from crazy

people commit violence, and no one should blame anything else but those evil bastards
Im not putting the blame on anything other than the criminals. If I am hammering a board, and I smack my thumb, its not the hammers fault. I made the suggestion I did, because I think that would atleast placate the masses and liberals. My only point is that if unless some feasible suggestion is made, the public sentiment might sway against second amendment rights again, and then there will be some stupid ban put in place.

I say this over and over agina. If they do ban high caps and assault weapons, a person bent on killing will still get them. If I am bound and determined to kill as many people as I can, I know I am either going to die in the process or be incarcerated for ever. I would have no problem spending what ever amount of money it took to buy them, and money will always talk.

I honestly believe there needs to be a bill proposed for rampage killings that would put the killer to death in a matter of weeks. A stiffer judicial system would be wonderful. Stricter and harsher punishments for gun crimes wouldn't hurt. Why do I care what the consequences are if I am not or ever will be a criminal? All of that isn't going to happen though. The supreme court will shoot those propositions down, just like they will any retarded reactions like the high cap mag ban (thankfully). The problem is is that the feds are so divided on everything now, that the only thing either side can do is scream extremes, and stalemate in the middle. I do firmly believe that if there is not a reasonable proposition put forward, that the NRA can agree with, that there will be some type of across the board ban in place sometime in the future, especially if Obama is reelected

My honest opinion, is that there should be a type of additional screening for assault rifles to include a psychological check. This could be done with out the gun retailer actually knowing what the reason for the hold on the sale is, and the persons privacy would be intact. The same thing happens when you apply for a CCW or you buy a weapon, and you have some type of minor violence charge. They hold it for a couple of days to investigate, and then usually go thru with the sale. Or if you have a CCW, then you could just buy whatever. Thats not exactly what I would like to see happen, but that seems to be a feasible option given our current state of government. I would like to see criminals actually punished for crimes and a justice system that works. I htink that would help tremendously.

I agree with stiffer criminal penalties as a deterrent, but HELL NO on the psychological check. They make it hard and expensive enough just to get an effing short barrel as it is, we don't need any more restrictions on 16" rifles as well.

How about we stop calling them assault rifles for starters and just call them what they are - sport rifles or military clone rifles? Leave the AR 15 designation strictly for rifles issued to military personnel and anything in the civilian world would be dubbed an ST 15 (Sport/Tactical) or something similar. We have to move away from "assault" naming convention and the stigma associated with it. Just a thought.

I agree with stiffer criminal penalties as a deterrent, but HELL NO on the psychological check. They make it hard and expensive enough just to get an effing short barrel as it is, we don't need any more restrictions on 16" rifles as well.

Agreed, thats NOT what I want at all. But, I am talking about a solution that would atleast stop the screaming for bans. I think if you have a CCW, there should be an expedited process on SBRs, SBSs, and silencers. That load of red tape is bull crap. Or, just make a license thats all inclusive. IE, I have this license, i can buy what ever I want when I want.

People have no fear of the consequences of their actions anymore. Put some teeth back in the judicial system, make the punishment horrible again so that people will think twice before they act.

How about we stop calling them assault rifles for starters and just call them what they are - sport rifles or military clone rifles? Leave the AR 15 designation strictly for rifles issued to military personnel and anything in the civilian world would be dubbed an ST 15 (Sport/Tactical) or something similar. We have to move away from "assault" naming convention and the stigma associated with it. Just a thought.

I almost started typing tactical rifles, but that would include bolt guns. I like Military clone rifles, or MCRs. Nice acronym.

IMO---I don't think anything will stop rampage killings. If all guns were banned these nutcases will use hammers, axes, knives whatever they choose as a weapon. Some nutcases thrive on the attention they receive from the media when they do a senseless act and show no remorse. Banning weapons is NOT the answer. Banning idiots from obtaining weapons is NOT the answer for one day this idiot could very well save your life. Banning the sale of ammo is NOT the answer.

I say arm every American Citizen over the age of 18 that want to be armed and provide the proper training. Open or conceal carry anywhere and everywhere. The crime rate will go down eventually. There will be more shootings and killings in the beginning because of the stupid criminals trying to rob armed citizens, but that would be getting rid of the worst trash to begin with. Most of all, everybody will feel safer and nutcases will at least think twice about doing something really stupid like rampage killings. Nothing will stop it completely, but I feel that this would at least slow it down.

Right there with you..

The end of times just as the bible speaks about. Society will continue to deteriate until then. Moral and sane thinking are going right along with it. Twisted minds will always find a way to destroy, and todays media is raising most on them. Scary ain't it.

No joke, I have been assaulted by my AK before. I was cleaning it, and it was all oiled up. The bolt slipped from from my finger and closed on my other finger. When I screamed like a girl and dropped it, it landed on my bare pinky toe. Thing was blue for 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom