What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spar1790

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
So I am on here looking at pistols and I see that many require at the least the buyer be 21+ with ID. Why is this? Ga law says those 18-20 can own a pistol as well, just not purchase one from a ffl. Am I missing something here, I mean you can join the military at 18, and open carry for them, but then no one will sell you a pistol until your 21. The main question I have is personally will you sell a pistol to someone under 21, yes or no, why or why not. Any input helps.

Always thought that myself... I could get drafted and head for Nam (showin my age) but couldnt walk into a bar for a cold one.... I would have no problem selling to anyone legally able to purchase & own a handgun...

Now i may be mistaken but is it just an ffl that is held to that law? Regardless my main reason is I had to wait so everyone else can to! lol I think if the law says its cool then I wouldnt have a problem if I knew them. Im only 23 but i already have to say with all the crap that goes on with young people and guns, i would have to know you very very well before i would feel comfortable selling you a handgun.....i knew people who were going on 20 and still in high school, those were the people i would be afraid if i knew they could buy a handgun.....

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Purchasing of firearms
Georgia has only 2 laws that regulate the purchasing of firearms. All other purchasing laws come from Federal law. The BATFE has a reference page that explains those laws (at that site, when the BATFE says "licensed" they mean firearm dealers and "unlicensed" means private individuals).

Straw Purchase / Anti-Bloomberg Law - Any person who attempts to solicit, persuade, encourage, or entice any dealer to transfer or otherwise convey a firearm other than to the actual buyer, as well as any other person who willfully and intentionally aids or abets such person, shall be guilty of a felony. (16-11-113)

Furnishing a Pistol to a Minor - It is illegal to sell or give a pistol or revolver to a person under 18 years old. Possession of handguns by minors is only allowed as explained in the Possession section above. (16-11-101.1)

Now i may be mistaken but is it just an ffl that is held to that law? Regardless my main reason is I had to wait so everyone else can to! lol I think if the law says its cool then I wouldnt have a problem if I knew them. Im only 23 but i already have to say with all the crap that goes on with young people and guns, i would have to know you very very well before i would feel comfortable selling you a handgun.....i knew people who were going on 20 and still in high school, those were the people i would be afraid if i knew they could buy a handgun.....

I understand your frustration, but there is nothing illegal about it. I am only 20 and open carry daily a sig p229R DAK for work. For christ's sake all I work on is guns. Gun safety and proper handling has been pounded in my head since I was 5. I know people twice my age who are careless with guns and should not be allowed to own them but we dont change the law for one person. I don't understand why some people will not sell a handgun to someone who is of age to legally own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom