• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your frustration, but there is nothing illegal about it. I am only 20 and open carry daily a sig p229R DAK for work. For christ's sake all I work on is guns. Gun safety and proper handling has been pounded in my head since I was 5. I know people twice my age who are careless with guns and should not be allowed to own them but we dont change the law for one person. I don't understand why some people will not sell a handgun to someone who is of age to legally own one.

I agree with spar, if there's nothing illegal about it what's the problem..

now as always, the seller makes the final choice to sell or not, regardless or the buyers age. We need to protect our rights to bear arms and not sell to those who could not only make a fool of themselves but gunowners in general. thanks for all the support guys.

now as always, the seller makes the final choice to sell or not, regardless or the buyers age. We need to protect our rights to bear arms and not sell to those who could not only make a fool of themselves but gunowners in general. thanks for all the support guys.

That was very well put

While the OP may be the most mature and responsible person on the planet - not all folks under 21 (or over 21 even) share these traits. In general, I'll avoid doing business with folks under 21 - just my preference. And before you use the "18, in the military - blah, blah" I went in the Air Force at 17 so I've been there done that...

to me i go by feel. if it doesn't feel right i'll refuse at any age. just me. the young folks i've dealt with have been people i've known since they were kids. some i helped teach to shoot. at the same time i met a guy in his 30's one night. shows up with a carload of buddies. seemed everyone in the car was looking at the gun more than him. i told him i didn't feel comfortable selling to him. took my pistol and left. just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom