• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you have that no one else does?

An old Alltell cell phone that ain't worth $2 but I will keep it forever. I went to a Friday Night Fights in Savannah at the civic center many years ago. At the time my mother and best friend were both battling terminal cancer. While there in between the matches Evander Holyfield walked down the isle right past me. Knowing that my best friend was a huge Holyfield fan, I would try to get him an autograph. I walked down to where he was greeting the fans. I fought my way through and finally got close enough to him to ask if he would please sign an autograph for my buddy that had terminal cancer. Holyfield told me that he did not sign autographs. Determined as I was I whipped out that old cell phone and dialed my best friends number and handed it to Holyfield and asked him, "would you please just hello to him"? He is a huge fan of yours. He smiled and said that he would be glad to. He took my phone and walked away from the crowd ignoring everyone else and talked to my buddy for at least 10 minutes. Like I said earlier, it ain't worth $2 to anyone, but it's worth it's weight in gold to me.

This might be my favorite story I have read on the trader. Gotta new respect for Evander.

This Marlin 45-70 VVV
06082015478.jpg

06082015477.jpg

And this young lady VVV as a hunting partner
Photo-0129.jpg

For as long as I can remember these 3 shells (12ga Winchester Western #4 buck) stayed on the top shelf of my grandfathers bedroom closet. Along with the single shot propped up in the corner. Well the shotgun is long gone (along with all the rest of his guns, due to thieves) but in cleaning out the house after his passing I found the 3 shells, right where they always were. They now reside in my bedroom closet, even though I dont keep a 12ga for home defense.
0724174612_15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom