• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you have that no one else does?

This hand made wooden chain was fashioned out of a single piece of wood. It has a captive ball in the end, carved while still within the cage on the end. It was made for my great grandfather, a country doctor in Tennessee. The man who made it for him gave it as payment to my great grandfather for giving medical care to the mans family even though he knew that they could not pay him. The man was in jail and had no means of income so he used his time to make this as payment. It’s one of my most valued possessions.
View attachment 1825140 View attachment 1825141
View attachment 1825160
Amazing time and effort that went into that. Do you happen to know what kind of wood is it?

This hand made wooden chain was fashioned out of a single piece of wood. It has a captive ball in the end, carved while still within the cage on the end. It was made for my great grandfather, a country doctor in Tennessee. The man who made it for him gave it as payment to my great grandfather for giving medical care to the mans family even though he knew that they could not pay him. The man was in jail and had no means of income so he used his time to make this as payment. It’s one of my most valued possessions.
View attachment 1825160
WINNER! Winner!

View attachment 1825160

That is amazing... but they gave a knife to a prisoner? Different times indeed.

1992 First Year R/T 10 Dodge Viper. Current mileage 9,776

303C7AAD-179A-4788-B5C4-2263A3487E1F.jpeg

Amazing time and effort that went into that. Do you happen to know what kind of wood is it?
I don’t know what kind of wood it is. It’s pretty light and has very little color variation. There are a few very small knots here and there. Based on the fact that it was made in prison I assume it’s nothing fancy. Probably pine or something else easily sourced in the area. But that’s a great question and I’m going to look into it more.

About 20 years ago I personally found this fossilized sea creature ... down in a water well I was helping dig ... about 325 feet (100 meters) down from the surface ... in the middle of sub-Sarahan Africa.

View attachment 1824998

Now I ask you... how does a sea creature get buried that far away from the ocean, that far down under the ground? Does anyone know a guy named Noah? :rolleyes:

Providence canyon state park right south of Columbus is like that

You can find shark teeth and sea fossils in the canyon

Hard to imagine that the ocean was once there

Thanks, the story goes that my Great Great Grandmother kept several in a leather pouch for emergency money but never spent this one and gave it to her daughter (my Great Grandmother) for the same reason. My Great Grandmother was born in 1886, they were both Lakota Sioux and faced a lot of hatred and discrimination.
Man TAZZ my friend I would love to sit with you awhile and let me listen to some stories you could tell....if you plz?

Back
Top Bottom