• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you rub on your butt?

i cant say it’s wrong, i’m no pro. I pull mine at 195 and wrap / hold in a cooler for an hour or more. Final internal temp ends up around 200-205 and it’s so tender and juicy....falls off the bone

That sounds more better. I basically do the same I just could not remember the internal temperature. Thanks AC.

I got one thawing out now for tomorrow. I coated it with a little olive oil and the new Kingsford bbq rub (while it was frozen from the store, I've found that if it thaws while rubbed down that it turns out better?) it was good on some thick pork chops the other day. Salt & Pepper will do though if everything else goes right. imho

I got one thawing out now for tomorrow. I coated it with a little olive oil and the new Kingsford bbq rub (while it was frozen from the store, I've found that if it thaws while rubbed down that it turns out better?) it was good on some thick pork chops the other day. Salt & Pepper will do though if everything else goes right. imho

hmmm....I haven’t tried rubbing it down while it’s still frozen. Gotta give that a try....

Interesting, I'll give that a try.

I could not resist the temptation
20200723_140929.jpg

It was good.

hmmm....I haven’t tried rubbing it down while it’s still frozen. Gotta give that a try....
I always ask for a frozen one, cause odds are the ones on the rack were frozen before they put'em out? Mine have come out better since. Luv me sum smoke , been trying to get it right since 1992. (My wife can't cook :behindsofa: )

Interesting approach. I’ll have to try that!

Back
Top Bottom