• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you think? Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo??

I have decided against looking for a Jeep. In no particular hurry to get anything, but I will keep my eyes open for a 4x4 SUV in the near future. I should have never traded in my '02 Yukon!!

Those year Jeeps have issues, seen a few with gremlins in the electronics. The 4.7 likes to sludge up and block the screen on the oil pump, resulting in trashing the motor. Used 4.7s ain't cheap neither. Id be looking at a small used truck or a civic. Should be able to find either with around 150K for around 5k.

If it had a 4.0 I’d say go for it but then again you have other issues, mainly electronics then you will most likely develop drivetrain, suspension, trans issues from the lift kit install down the road.
If you have deep pockets buy it, beat it and fix it.

I have owned the older grand Cherokee 4x4 with the 4.0 it was bulletproof but under powered. Also had a friend that racked up seriouse mile driving and he bought and owned 4 of them with the 4.0 he said they were great but at 150k the heater blower motors went out and he changed them himself but they were all 4.0 motors. He would unload them at about 180-190. He would not own the 4.7. I have always heard other horror stories about the 4.7 though.

Back
Top Bottom