• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you think of these parents?

Are these parents:

• Raising that kid right. Very cool.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Doing something that is okay with me because how they care for their child is none of my business.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Should be in legal trouble if the kid gets hurts.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Are unfit parents for putting the child at risk like that.

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
Better than these parents.

204644_9212_L.jpg

When I opened the thread I was glad it wasn't about me!

skipping from page 1 to here:

I think it's photoshopped.
But, ASSUMING it were real, in a law-school hypothetical way, and ASSUMING that they're no emergency that makes them toss the baby over what looks like at least a 20-foot fall over rocky ground,
here's my answer:

This is an ACT of unfit parenting. It is probably a crime in most jurisdictions. Intentionally exposing another person to an unreasonable risk of death or serious bodily injury. And while parents can give consent to expose their children to certain risks (refusing vaccinations, or letting a child go horseback riding or roller-skating at a park that has a bowl with ramps and jumps to catch air), even those risks have to be reasonable choices based on risk-benefit calculations. Tossing your kid across a chasm just so you can have your baby with you while rock climbing or hiking isn't reasonable by any thinking person.

Does this mean the parents are unfit and the kid should be taken by DFCS and placed in foster care?
No.
But it's both a crime and a dangerous act, so the parents could be prosecuted and ordered to go to parenting classes as a condition of probation.

Back
Top Bottom