• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What does a 91/30 actually sell for?

Deals are out there. I sold a nice 91/30 Hex receiver with matching numbered bayonet, oil bottle, ammo pouch and sling for $285 at the Farmers Market show last year. The days of $69 Mosins and $59 Yugo SKSs are gone forever.

I can remember when a coke and an ice cream were both a Nickel
Pickup was 2000 and Mc Donalds was 12 cents but I don't think those prices are coming back either

Everyone should own one Mosin and SKS get them before they ban something else

upload_2019-1-29_18-47-37.png

Are there any good sources for these at a reasonable cost on the market any more? Or they all in private hands? I know they aren’t really being imported anymore.

The last batch of imported mosins wholesaled out at $229 each minimum purchase was 20 and they did not include shipping at that. With imports stopped from the Ukraine and a war going on over there they may press what they have back into service. There are not a lot of anything left. The last batch of mosins had some condition issues like signs of poor storage.

I paid $229 for my Mak-90 many years ago. I once bought cases of AK ammo for $25 a case from a guy who was getting rid of his FFL and moving. Those days are gone. My first Mosin was $59 from Aim. In the early 80's you could buy a plain series 70 colt used for $175. I demand that ads for Colt series 70 1911's not exceed $505 which is what the 1911 I bought in the early 80's would cost today. That makes as much sense and this thread. The reality is there is not much surplus to be had anymore. Everything after the Mosin and SKS became full auto in most of the world and not importable due to our screwy rules.
Should we start on cars? There is no way a 69 Chevelle is worth over MSRP. A Boss Mustang yes but a Chevelle no way.

As a rule surplus is always cheaper when it first hits the market. It rarely comes down. I remember buying surplus .308 at $149 per K delivered to my door.

The last batch of imported mosins wholesaled out at $229 each minimum purchase was 20 and they did not include shipping at that. With imports stopped from the Ukraine and a war going on over there they may press what they have back into service. There are not a lot of anything left. The last batch of mosins had some condition issues like signs of poor storage.

I paid $229 for my Mak-90 many years ago. I once bought cases of AK ammo for $25 a case from a guy who was getting rid of his FFL and moving. Those days are gone. My first Mosin was $59 from Aim. In the early 80's you could buy a plain series 70 colt used for $175. I demand that ads for Colt series 70 1911's not exceed $505 which is what the 1911 I bought in the early 80's would cost today. That makes as much sense and this thread. The reality is there is not much surplus to be had anymore. Everything after the Mosin and SKS became full auto in most of the world and not importable due to our screwy rules.
Should we start on cars? There is no way a 69 Chevelle is worth over MSRP. A Boss Mustang yes but a Chevelle no way.

As a rule surplus is always cheaper when it first hits the market. It rarely comes down. I remember buying surplus .308 at $149 per K delivered to my door.
So should I be buying up all the Star model B’s, CZ and Tokarev pistols? I recently got my C&R license and have the itch.

So should I be buying up all the Star model B’s, CZ and Tokarev pistols? I recently got my C&R license and have the itch.

I've been thinking the same thing. I have the full size and compact Star and both are fine shooters. Not much interest in the Makorovs though - and don't need another caliber to stock.

All the other milsurp stuff has dried up.

Back
Top Bottom