• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What does your fitness routine look like?

Finally decided to get “in shape”. Changed diet (still alot of improvement needed) 4 days strength training and 2 days cardio. Sadly sit all day at work and often after the gym. Try to stay active on off days and be outdoors, more when it is not summer

Gym a couple of times a week, stretching, cardio, usually 1-2 volunteer work trips a week maintaining the Appalachian Trail or Benton MacKaye Trail which today included rock work on Springer mountain (moving large rocks with a pick and rock bar to build rock steps) making crush( breaking big rocks into gravel with a 4lb baby sledgehammer) and yesterday was 5 miles of hiking and cutting blown down trees off the trails with a crosscut saw and axe.

tenor (2).gif

It would take a while to explain my fitness routines (many drills i have made up and come up with over the years for versatile functional/practical/tactical training working stamina, strength, balance, cardio, endurance and empty handed skills as well as firearm tactics, etc. but it could be summed up with a phrase "combat fitness training" which merges defensive firearm drills with fitness drills that entail heavy bags, mma stuff, slam balls, kettle bells, battle ropes, free weights, power tower, high rope climbing, dry fire training aids with my glock 19 and spare mag in holster with my everyday clothes or addes weight vests. Merge workouts to encorporate all important aspects of survival skills. Makes for very fun and beneficial workouts. No more "i just lift" mentality for me. Mobility = survivability. I dont have a cool Instagram but the closest thing to what i do would be pat macnamera with TMACS INC (as seen on his instagram). Similar in some ways, different in others. Like i said in the beginning, i have come up with a lot of unorthodox workouts on my own to work full body, mind, and all skillsets to kick a$$ to best of my ability to protect me and mine and have fun doing it :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom