• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What EDC flashlight are you carrying today?

JNelson04

Default rank <2000 posts
Star running back at Polk High
46   0
Reaction score
Well I’m sure there are some guys/gals on here who are just as obsessed with flashlights as they are with their guns and knives as much as I am. So with that being said let’s see what flashlight you guys are carrying on the regular right about now. Oh and list any mods/upgrades as well.

I’ve been really into my Convoy S2+ with a single Cree XML2 U2 led. It comes out of the box ready to run a 18650 battery and a plain black tail cap switch.

Upgrades/mods:
-Swapped 18650 body to a 18350 body. The 18350 still pumps out the juice it needs to throw almost 1,000 lumens.
-Swapped black rubber tail cap switch to a white tail cap with LED button. It glows blue when not in use and turns off when light is in use. Yes it slowly drains the battery since the aux LED’s stay lit until flashlight is on but it looks cool so I keep an extra couple batteries around.
-Added a stainless steel clip.

In the future I plan on purchasing an S2+ host and creating a triple LED light that is at a little closer to the incandescent bulb color but still puts out a ton of lumens.

Alright let’s see what everyone else has.

Sharpie for reference.
30CE9FB6-E2AD-49F4-9CD1-5E0826F84677.jpeg
09CA1485-CC28-42A6-90F6-4A30A522A83C.jpeg

I try to always have a bigger/better one (Usually a Streamlight Protac HL-X) than this but this is the one that gets the most use, simply cause I ALWAYS have it. One of the best $10 I’ve spent.

^That Thyrm Switchback is pretty neat! May have to order one.
View attachment 2647473

Ive got 3 of those on 3 different keychains and those get the most use by far because they’re always on me. You should keep an eye out on any Olight sales. Sometimes all you have to do is log in and they’ve already thrown in one of these or their smaller keychain light for free + shipping. That’s how I’ve gotten all of my smaller Olight’s.

Ive got 3 of those on 3 different keychains and those get the most use by far because they’re always on me. You should keep an eye out on any Olight sales. Sometimes all you have to do is log in and they’ve already thrown in one of these of their smaller keychain light for free + shipping. That’s how I’ve gotten all of my smaller Olight’s.
Now that you say that, I may have gotten this one free when I bought a PL Mini 2. Can’t remember but I’m an Olight fan for sure.

Back
Top Bottom