• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What exactly is the point in peeking at my gwcl?

Passed up on many of sales for this nonsense. How long do they last like 5years?? i dont even remember, but you could have committed many of felonies in that time.

I like the ones that just joined and need all this info. Maybe its because they are felons or are making out of state sales......:spy:

As a former FFL holder and shop owner, now in the Civilian market I will not go to jail for selling a gun to a felon. If you have a permit, I will at least have that in my defense should a buyer do something stupid i.e illegal with the gun.

But having one only means you had not been convicted of a felony at the time of application only..........Nothing about the next several years.

What ever What ever...blah, blah, blah....when I do a deal I just show mine. If you got one and want to show me yours, go for it. I'm so used to processing 4473's and a GWCL is considered "your" background check.
I hate calling NICS!!!!!

But everyone does what they want. Me, I like seeing a GWCL, but it is NOT a deal breaker for me.

Agreed with the above post. I'm not gonna jeopardize my life or career over a firearm in the wrong hands. I come from selling on Armslists, to save my own a** I ask for a bill of sale at the minimum. You can't exactly trust someone you met over the internet based on a couple of dialogues and exchanges, so why all the hate to those who ask for GWCL or bill of sale? If it lets the seller have a peace of mind, comply. They are asking for a lawful sale. If you don't like that go find another one. Its that simple. Plenty of criminals find opportunities in sales where there is no bill of sale. The same ones buy your Glock and act hard in public. When that idiot does something wrong, guess who comes knocking at your door. Just be responsible. I don't care if anyone gives me crap for it. Future LEO here, your dealing with guns people.

Everybody in this thread who has posted that GWL is meaningless to determine current eligibility to own firearms, since somebody could have had a disqualifying event since that license was issued or last renewed, is taking the side of the gun grabbers who agree that having a state-issued carry license isn't good enough to show
who's a good guy with a gun

versus

who's a criminal or lunatic who just happens to have the right kind of card in his wallet.

Agreed with the above post. I'm not gonna jeopardize my life or career over a firearm in the wrong hands. I come from selling on Armslists, to save my own a** I ask for a bill of sale at the minimum. You can't exactly trust someone you met over the internet based on a couple of dialogues and exchanges, so why all the hate to those who ask for GWCL or bill of sale? If it lets the seller have a peace of mind, comply. They are asking for a lawful sale. If you don't like that go find another one. Its that simple. Plenty of criminals find opportunities in sales where there is no bill of sale. The same ones buy your Glock and act hard in public. When that idiot does something wrong, guess who comes knocking at your door. Just be responsible. I don't care if anyone gives me crap for it. Future LEO here, your dealing with guns people.

Grind the serial number off your gun for sail and no worries about the popo showing up at ur house.

Back
Top Bottom