• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What firearm was your biggest disappointment?

Ruger lcp! Pulling the trigger was like pilling back a slingshot. Took forever for the bang. I bet the thing had a 20lb.pull. the sights were hideous too.

Has the be my Sig P230. I was new to handguns and wanted something small and slim. A LGS talked me out of a Walther PPK and I went home with the Sig. It's a beautiful gun, but hollow point or soft nosed .380 rounds wound jam into the feed ramp. I polished the feed ramp with a dermal tool and it seems to feed reliably now. But the blowback design punishes the webbing in my hand. Now that I'm comfortable concealing thicker, larger caliber guns (like the Glock 27), my Sig sits in the safe.

I had a Heritage Stealth. I bought it cheap at a closing Pawn store. It is an early gas operated pistol similar to an H&K. That's where the similarity ended. The firing pin was held in place by a retainer that screwed half a turn in the rear of the slide. Lined up right with your eyeball. Yep, more than one fellow lost an eye due to that. I sold it for what I paid just to be rid of it.

img_7426.jpg

For me it was the shield 9mm. But the thing for me was the build up of how great it was, then the one i shot my buddy put some of those x s big dot sights on his and i really didn't care for that.

Back
Top Bottom