• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What gun are you most proud to own?

I have a Baikal 12ga O/U it’s 20 years old and it has hit everything I shot with it… as well as my gen 3 Glock 19 with over 35k down the pipe.
1EADB56D-8BCD-424C-97F2-492064FE4E8A.jpeg

Probably my 1974 Rem 700 ADL in 30-06. This rifle belonged to my uncle Tommy, whom I never met. According to my dad, uncles, and any oldtimer that I've been around; he is touted as being the best "shot" to ever come through the county. All my life I've heard stories about his abilities as a rifleman, so I was beyond honored to have his deer rifle passed on to me. So the story goes: most of his life he only had a .22 rifle that he killed everything with. He was becoming interested in deer hunting so he purchased my rifle, but suddenly died before ever being able to use the rifle. I got the rifle around 1999 as a 13 year old and shot the snot out of it and killed a pile of deer with it. I'm not superstitious, but I've killed my biggest deer with this rifle, and made my longest shot on a deer with this rifle, and shot my smallest goup off a bench with it too. So I definitely feel like this rifle has some magical something going for it, it's okay to laugh at me and my notions about my rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 16
Probably my 1974 Rem 700 ADL in 30-06. This rifle belonged to my uncle Tommy, whom I never met. According to my dad, uncles, and any oldtimer that I've been around; he is touted as being the best "shot" to ever come through the county. All my life I've heard stories about his abilities as a rifleman, so I was beyond honored to have his deer rifle passed on to me. So the story goes: most of his life he only had a .22 rifle that he killed everything with. He was becoming interested in deer hunting so he purchased my rifle, but suddenly died before ever being able to use the rifle. I got the rifle around 1999 as a 13 year old and shot the snot out of it and killed a pile of deer with it. I'm not superstitious, but I've killed my biggest deer with this rifle, and made my longest shot on a deer with this rifle, and shot my smallest goup off a bench with it too. So I definitely feel like this rifle has some magical something going for it, it's okay to laugh at me and my notions about my rifle.
Nothing to laugh about. A weapon that shoots that good is priceless to the owner. And the fact you also have family history with it is also priceless. Great story

Probably this one I picked up directly from a former Colt VP 7yrs ago (One of 3 I got from him). It was one of many guns he had in his personal collection. This one is a NIB transferable Colt 9mm SMG. They were mfg'd right before the machinegun ban, so there is only about 20 Colt SMGs on the registry. Mine is serial number 9.
Nice

I have many that I'm super privileged to be caretaker of but my most recent is a mint state 1966 Colt SP1 purchased/traded for here. It is all original condition and I cannot tell that it's been fired much at all, even the hinge is tight. Has the original Edgewater buffer too. I'll never feel like I need to "look" at another SP1 again. This is the schnizzle. I'll probably never shoot it.
I rarely quote myself but I had to post:
A good friend came up to visit and brought his 1974 SP1. It was very nice and he wanted to get it zeroed.

Using 55 grain ball ammo, we had to give only two clicks left windage & it posted a sub MOA groups @ 100 yards on an SR1 target, dead center bullseye. Amazing little rifle. @ 200 yards it was grouping 1.75 inches.

Back
Top Bottom