• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What gun are you most proud to own?

B2443393-AFE8-4A8F-84C3-F05A89870830.jpeg
5ACA603C-0CCC-427B-A865-7BD9E71A9158.jpeg
77C02700-87CC-46E8-A238-54D8ED6EB68E.jpeg

My prior post in this thread was a wisecrack.

My serious answer is this early 1980's High Standard "The Victor" .22LR target pistol.

30 years ago I used this in local and regional and even international smallbore pistol matches, and got a few awards and trophies with it.

I don't necessarily have a particular one that sticks out, but I do have a couple that will be handed down to my kids.

2014 SR1911 CMD, my first real gun purchase
1946 Browning A5 that was my grandfather's, then my dad's, now mine
1962 Remington Sportsman 48 20g was my grandfather's
And last is a, not sure of year, a stainless Interarms Virginian Dragoon 44mag with the inscription "Liberty Forever" on the bottom this was my dad's, he bought new and was very proud of it.

I did recently get 2 very nice Smith 19-3's that I'm thinking will be given to my boys when they get old enough.

Probably the first is my grandpa's issued 98k mauser from WW2 that has 12 scratch mark kills on the buttstock from trying to stop invaders on Normandy. 2nd is an m1 garand taken off one of the invaders before his unit had to pull back from being over run. Eventually he was captured and spent time in Canada in a POW camp.

No, I'm kidding. It's interesting to see most value is not directly tied with money but memories.

Probably the first is my grandpa's issued 98k mauser from WW2 that has 12 scratch mark kills on the buttstock from trying to stop invaders on Normandy. 2nd is an m1 garand taken off one of the invaders before his unit had to pull back from being over run. Eventually he was captured and spent time in Canada in a POW camp.

No, I'm kidding. It's interesting to see most value is not directly tied with money but memories.
My grandfather died in a German POW camp. He fell out of a guard tower.....
JK, but my favorite is my pawpaw's Remington 7400 in .270win. It was the nicest firearm he ever owned. I bring it out every now and then to hunt with.

Attachments

• 20191215_230316.jpg
    20191215_230316.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 5
I own an unfired Mauser 660 that came with three barrels that I am super proud of. How about you?
Without a doubt, my fathers Browning A5. 30” Full choke. He would take it into Hatchie Bottom and hunt ducks all alone.

When he was about 14 years old he set his mind to buy a Browning. Back before it was a logo and status symbol brand. My grandfather took him to the local bank and the bank manager gave him a loan to buy it.
Can you imagine a bank doing that now a days? Of course, this was in the 50’s and a 14 year old boy could order whatever gun he wanted at the hardware store.
We have not made America Great Again until we can do this again.

Back
Top Bottom