• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What gun does your wife or girl friend ACTUALLY carry or likes to shoot ?

Glock 19 for my woman.

When we went to go get it for her, dude behind the counter tried to get her to take some pocket pistol because sexist BS... It was so asinine that I can't remember what the pistol was. Anyway, she told him she wanted a 19, and the dude persisted. She looked at this guy straight in the face and asked him dead-nuts if he'd carry what he was offering her. Of course he said no.

So then she says, "So you'd offer something to a woman for self defense that you wouldn't even carry? I bet your wife must be proud to be married to you, huh?"

Dude's jaw dropped, and I'm on the floor I'm laughing so hard.

Never breaking eye contact, she says, "I said I wanted a Glock 19, so get me a f***ing Glock 19!

"Yes, Ma'am," he says.

So he hands her the 19 and she begins manipulating it like a champ. All I could do was smile. (I taught her well. :becky:) Old boy behind the counter was staring at her in disbelief.

When she's done, she hands it back to him and says, "I hope you know you just lost a sale today because of the BS you just pulled. Take this as a little lesson and put more effort into listening to what a potential customer is trying to tell you instead of acting like a know-it-all "

We walk out laughing, and go to another, less know-it-all shop and buy her what she wanted.

I love that woman. lol

My daughter carries a springfield xd45. Her first gun she bought for herself after getting her GWL. the convo went like this:

Daughter: I want the 45
Me: if you get the 9mm you can carry more rounds
Daughter: with the 45 I only need one.
me: you are now a Jedi master
I wanted to add my daughters favorite gun to take to the range and has made every trip is the very first pistol I gave her a HK VP40. She loves that pistol. Too big for her to carry comfortably but its the first one she reaches for when I say lets go shoot.

Glock 19 for my woman.

When we went to go get it for her, dude behind the counter tried to get her to take some pocket pistol because sexist BS... It was so asinine that I can't remember what the pistol was. Anyway, she told him she wanted a 19, and the dude persisted. She looked at this guy straight in the face and asked him dead-nuts if he'd carry what he was offering her. Of course he said no.

So then she says, "So you'd offer something to a woman for self defense that you wouldn't even carry? I bet your wife must be proud to be married to you, huh?"

Dude's jaw dropped, and I'm on the floor I'm laughing so hard.

Never breaking eye contact, she says, "I said I wanted a Glock 19, so get me a f***ing Glock 19!

"Yes, Ma'am," he says.

So he hands her the 19 and she begins manipulating it like a champ. All I could do was smile. (I taught her well. :becky:) Old boy behind the counter was staring at her in disbelief.

When she's done, she hands it back to him and says, "I hope you know you just lost a sale today because of the BS you just pulled. Take this as a little lesson and put more effort into listening to what a potential customer is trying to tell you instead of acting like a know-it-all "

We walk out laughing, and go to another, less know-it-all shop and buy her what she wanted.

I love that woman. lol
Bravo!

Im female and been shooting since late 1979ish. My husband in the early 80s taught me to shoot rifles. He was a marine rifle instructor. Even to this day I can hold my own with a long gun or clays with a 12ga.
Im saying this cause I love the hobby and like to tinker. I've walked in to a pawn shop not too long ago with a debit card full of money. The sales boys said "hello" as I was looking at their firearm inventory. I acknowledged them back. They kept chattering among themselves. Then a guy came in and they went right to him talking about new firearm stock that came in. Maybe he was a regular.

Did they think I was lost or looking for clothing. This place primarily had tools, ammo and firearms.

I admit, I did not ask for anything. But I been in sales long enough to at least say if you need help with anything that im glad to help. and since they approached the guy and not me, tells me they thought this old lady was just killing time or in the wrong store. They saved me money! 😆

A little late to the party, but here are four more data points, some of which reflect choices that haven’t been suggested already. My…
Better half prefers her Sig P238 and Stevens 311 20-guage SxS shotgun,
Sister carries a S&W model 19 with a 2.5” barrel (usually loaded with .38 Spcl SWC IIRC),
Niece carries a Stainless Colt Commander .45 ACP,
Long-ago boss carried a nickel-plated, ivory-gripped, Browning FN 1906 6,35mm vest pocket pistol (same as Colt 1908 .25 ACP) in her bra.

1653345066376.png

My wife carries a Kel Tec P32 even though I got her a Smith Bodyguard last year that she said she preferred. She has owned an old Smith 422 pistol since I met her in 04. She loves that big funny looking bastard. And she shoots it pretty well. I have to admit that it does shoot a lot better than it looks.

Back
Top Bottom