• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this comment is part of a constructive discourse ?
Fair and constructive discourse on matters like this isn't possible here. Your comments will be deleted and you'll be told to go to private help, and then you're not allowed to comment about anything said in private help.

But, here's how I see it. Lots of members were upset because they were getting nailed for posting links to listings in the thread and having a discussion on the items listed. If that's how we're interpreting the rules now, fine. But it could have been handled differently.
Just arbitrarily banning and deleting comments got annoying.

So a lot of members have gone where they are allowed to post a link and discuss then contents of said link.

Fair and constructive discourse on matters like this isn't possible here. Your comments will be deleted and you'll be told to go to private help, and then you're not allowed to comment about anything said in private help.

But, here's how I see it. Lots of members were upset because they were getting nailed for posting links to listings in the thread and having a discussion on the items listed. If that's how we're interpreting the rules now, fine. But it could have been handled differently.
Just arbitrarily banning and deleting comments got annoying.

So a lot of members have gone where they are allowed to post a link and discuss then contents of said link.

I have yet to engage in anything but civil and constructive discourse. If you feel that it is not possible to carry on a conversation under these conditions as stated above then there will be little content I can provide that will disway you from your opinion. Your earlier comment was to stir things up in backhanded way, make no mistake about trying to be funny or not. Those are the kind of things that prevent real communication followed by understanding and knowledge. So instead of making this air dirty laundry day let us keep with the topic please.

Thank you,

I have yet to engage in anything but civil and constructive discourse. If you feel that it is not possible to carry on a conversation under these conditions as stated above then there will be little content I can provide that will disway you from your opinion. Your earlier comment was to stir things up in backhanded way, make no mistake about trying to be funny or not. Those are the kind of things that prevent real communication followed by understanding and knowledge. So instead of making this air dirty laundry day let us keep with the topic please.

Thank you,
I wasn't referring to the way you handle things. We all have a lot of respect for you and the way you moderate. If it were left to you to moderate the thread I'm sure there would have never been a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom