• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What has happened......

I can understand being out bid and would be semi fine with that. But if someone posts I want $580 for a gun and I am going to pay $580. Then the seller sells the gun to someone else for either the same or more than the asking price with no warning until 10 mins before leaving for the meet is where I have a problem. But if I want the gun that bad I guess I will just go to my local gun store and pick one up. Not really frustrated with one incident every now and then as it is expected. But SOME of the new cats seem to pull this **** more often and it is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

If you are bidding the gun out state it in your post. If you commit and someone offers more than your asking price either 1. Honor your deal with the first person or 2. communicate with the first person and give him a chance to match. If you change your mind and want to keep the gun then state that.

Maybe some of us have more integrity than others and can honor the importance of a deal made????

Can you leave POSITIVE feedback for the deal-breaker and use a headline like "Cancelled Our Meet" and use the comments to explain how he wasted your time?

By the way, if he was selling a gun for an elderly relative or the estate of a deceased person, it IS very possibe that some other relative objected to the sale and demanded to keep the gun in the family. I've seen that a few times.

I can understand being out bid and would be semi fine with that. But if someone posts I want $580 for a gun and I am going to pay $580. Then the seller sells the gun to someone else for either the same or more than the asking price with no warning until 10 mins before leaving for the meet is where I have a problem. But if I want the gun that bad I guess I will just go to my local gun store and pick one up. Not really frustrated with one incident every now and then as it is expected. But some of the new cats seem to pull this **** more often and it is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

If you are bidding the gun out state it in your post. If the you commit and someone offers more than your asking price either 1. Honor your deal with the first person or 2. communicate with the first person and give him a chance to match. If you change your mind and want to keep the gun then state that.

Maybe some of us have more integrity than others and can honor the importance of a deal made????

I tend to believe your last paragraph is the norm ...the key term in that statement being “some” .

No you can’t just cancel a meet and a negative not stick.
Could be other considerations but not just a cancel without any cause or agreement.
1. I was hoping one of you guys would weigh in. Thx Ken. Your input is actually helpful and helps us to trust the rules.
2. I usually don't like to say "Neg em," but "neg em"
3. Ken: Your obsession with clowns is disturbing. Furthermore, it plain ole freaks me out.
As a physician, may I process a 1013 for you? :)

Can you leave POSITIVE feedback for the deal-breaker and use a headline like "Cancelled Our Meet" and use the comments to explain how he wasted your time?

By the way, if he was selling a gun for an elderly relative or the estate of a deceased person, it IS very possibe that some other relative objected to the sale and demanded to keep the gun in the family. I've seen that a few times.
Then the culprit would benefit from the positive fb and very unlikely that it would ever be paid any attention. This would be not wise IMO. i don't think it would serve any purpose.

Easy enough to get around the rules. All you have to do is the same as the doucheier "buyers" here. Agree to sail at a price, set a deal (time & place or shipping terms & conditions) then at the last minute claim "something came up" and you can't complete the cell. Then sale to the higher bidder, easy peasy Japanesey. You'll be fine unless your 'deal' causes the friend of "some people" to wind up holding the shyte end of the stick.

I can understand being out bid and would be semi fine with that. But if someone posts I want $580 for a gun and I am going to pay $580. Then the seller sells the gun to someone else for either the same or more than the asking price with no warning until 10 mins before leaving for the meet is where I have a problem. But if I want the gun that bad I guess I will just go to my local gun store and pick one up. Not really frustrated with one incident every now and then as it is expected. But SOME of the new cats seem to pull this **** more often and it is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

If you are bidding the gun out state it in your post. If you commit and someone offers more than your asking price either 1. Honor your deal with the first person or 2. communicate with the first person and give him a chance to match. If you change your mind and want to keep the gun then state that.

If a man is as good as his word there should be NO #2. If I offer an item for half it's worth, gun or 3 legged dog, and you say you will take it that item belongs to you in my mind. That is just the way I was raised. I watched my dad loose a bit on occasion and make some most of the time BUT I never once saw him sell an item out from under a buyer or saw him back out on a deal. That is how you can expect me to deal with you, always. There is no #2.

Back
Top Bottom