• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What has happened......

If a man is as good as his word there should be NO #2. If I offer an item for half it's worth, gun or 3 legged dog, and you say you will take it that item belongs to you in my mind. That is just the way I was raised. I watched my dad loose a bit on occasion and make some most of the time BUT I never once saw him sell an item out from under a buyer or saw him back out on a deal. That is how you can expect me to deal with you, always. There is no #2.
If everybody did this there'd be very few problems buying here.

Doesn't mean I will EVER stoop that low or that we should expect or accept it; just like illegal immigrants .
Agreed, but that's just you and me! The "masses" don't care about stuff like this as long as their phones work, Starbucks is close and they can kill their unborn babies whenever they want.

If another member or another buyer gits there firstest with the mostest, you can cancel the deal. More money is always grounds for cancelling a deal. Neg won't stick (depends probably on who you are though).
If another member or another buyer gits there firstest with the mostest, you can cancel the deal. More money is always grounds for cancelling a deal. Neg won't stick (depends probably on who you are though).
There you go again,don't you know we're all equal on here...NO Exceptions!

to the quality and integrity of SOME members on the ODT????

I have been a member since 2010 and have noticed over the last 3 years the increasing number of tire kickers and deal breakers on this site. It has become so incredibly frustrating to even trust a members word on this site.

My latest deal was for a rifle. Seller had a price of 580 I told him I would take it for 580. We set up a day and time to meet and everything was agreed upon. My buyer / trading rating is perfect on this site with countless deals to trust so no need for him to question. So I contact the seller the day of the meet by text to confirm with no answer. Thought ok he is busy he will get back to me in a few. I was willing to come to him an hour and a half to make the purchase. As I was making arrangements to leave for the meet I finally received a text back "Gun is sold family member picked it up". Ouch I was excited to shot this rifle this week. More things seem to be happening like this in recent years than they did back in the good old days 2010-2015.

I will summarize my rant like this. If you commit to something follow through. Commitment and follow through are responsible, moral and noble traits that all adults should possess. More importantly don't destroy ODT!!!

Thank You for listening!
Good luck on getting feedback anymore,it's a thing of the past.

How much time had passed from your I'll take it to when you were planning to go pick it up? Days or two? Week?
Should not matter if the two individuals agreed on a time to meet and complete the deal. I have held an item and also had a member kindly hold one for me for a month. I offered to send the funds and was told that my word was as good as payment until we met. That will give you a REAL GOOD feeling.

Back
Top Bottom