• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What has happened......

Yup, meet was canceled , so it won't stick. Ignore list for these types.

Someone ping a mod for the answer, but I think for it to stick, the negee must be a noshow at the appointed time and place. (You must get stood up).

Agreeing to meet and sail an item for agreed amount to a buyer at a specific location and time, then going back on that and celling it to someone else is not grounds for a neg. It's how a lot of guns are sold on this site. You don't have a 'deal' until you have the item in your hands or the sailor is a no show.

These are all incorrect. If you have a deal including time and place of meet confirmed in PMs and one party cancels the meet, negative feedback is justified.

Do I get this right? You can cancel a meet already set up without suffering negative feedback?

No, the folks stating that above are incorrect.

What if meet is "cancelled" and you still hold up your end? Will negative stick then? Geez, I've only been on this site 8 years, you'd think I would have picked up a thing or two.

As long as everything is in PM, the neg would stick.

I thought once you had date, time, place, and price set it was set in stone and if either backed out before the meet a negative feedback was warranted.

You are correct.

Can you leave POSITIVE feedback for the deal-breaker and use a headline like "Cancelled Our Meet" and use the comments to explain how he wasted your time?

No.

No. If the meet was cancelled, negative feedback is justified. Neutral feedback is for really odd situations where neither positive or negative fits, and those are few and far between.

Easy enough to get around the rules. All you have to do is the same as the doucheier "buyers" here. Agree to sail at a price, set a deal (time & place or shipping terms & conditions) then at the last minute claim "something came up" and you can't complete the cell. Then sale to the higher bidder, easy peasy Japanesey. You'll be fine unless your 'deal' causes the friend of "some people" to wind up holding the shyte end of the stick.

Very incorrect. As stated above, if the deal is confirmed in PM and the meet is cancelled, negative feedback is justified and will stand.

Sorry, it appear that I offended some with my post according to the PM. I think that the first one with the cash that comes to me wins. If you want it , buy it now not in couple days or next week. You know that most of those don't come through. If you are ready to buy, do it, NOW!

These are all incorrect. If you have a deal including time and place of meet confirmed in PMs and one party cancels the meet, negative feedback is justified.

No, the folks stating that above are incorrect.

As long as everything is in PM, the neg would stick.

You are correct.

No.

No. If the meet was cancelled, negative feedback is justified. Neutral feedback is for really odd situations where neither positive or negative fits, and those are few and far between.

Very incorrect. As stated above, if the deal is confirmed in PM and the meet is cancelled, negative feedback is justified and will stand.

BOOM!

giphy.gif

Drop that NEG OP!!!

Be sure and NEG him.
Well see y'all there in lies the problem. Some or maybe most of the new gen ODT guys don't care about their feedback. This is just another website for them. If they DID manage to get booted off here they would just go back to Armslist or wherever . Plus shame ain't even a thing anymore. Didn't y'all know?
Probably the majority of the deals I've done here were with guys I've dealt with before. Even if we've never met and it's a shipping deal. I don't mind good faith shipping or mailing a money order to those guys. Done it at least a dozen times. As I've said before here my Equifax score may be in the toilet but my ODT score is important.
Hell3 I wish there was a Craigslist type site with feedback scores. I get SO tired of the jerkoffs and scammers over there!

Sorry, it appear that I offended some with my post according to the PM. I think that the first one with the cash that comes to me wins. If you want it , buy it now not in couple days or next week. You know that most of those don't come through. If you are ready to buy, do it, NOW!

So, you never do a deal unless it can be done the same day? Just trying to understand your point.

Back
Top Bottom