• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have I done...My '76 TA

Those are some really good prices on engines, however, I am going back with the 455. The car is all numbers matching, so I want to keep it that way. In a couple of years, we will be doing a resto mod on my Mother's 1966 Buick Riviera. One of these engines would be sweet. My Dad bought the car brand new.

BTW, I sincerely appreciate any advice from you guys. I have never been involved in a full restoration like this. Any sources for services or parts is welcome. I think I have accounts with just about everybody that sells restoration parts, but you never know. Feel free to post up sources, or PM me.

Thanks.

Also, does anybody have experience with the Pypes exhaust systems? Been looking at the single flow through muffler with X crossover. Gives me a bit more ground clearance.

Once upon a time in a galaxy close to my house I did frame off restorations of muscle cars. Be very methodical with your disassembly. Tag and bad everything, take pictures, make notes. Buy the original shop manuals for reference. Good luck and keep us posted.

While I am good with a “ back to original restoration”. Take a look at the aftermarket electronic fuel injection. Like the HEI ignition, it ups the performance, reliability and gas mileage.

When you're ready for your graphics for the car look up phoenixgraphics.com. they have every decal and stickers for your car. Even the ones in the trunk. Reasonable pricing to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm rooting for you.
I've been a fan of the Trans-Am since I saw Smokey and the Bandit.
In the late 1970s and my teenage years in the early 1980s, that was one of my two "dream cars." The other was a tough 4 x 4 for off-road use and hunting-- and my favorite of that kind was the full size Ford Bronco.

Back
Top Bottom