• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have I done...My '76 TA

Been working underneath. This project has almost become a full time job. Moving right along.

Attachments

• IMG950967.jpg
    IMG950967.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG950969.jpg
    IMG950969.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 70
Well, I haven't updated in a few weeks, but the car is moving right along. The forward dash and rear package tray trim were painted back to original color, and now the body and parts are being painted white. It's nice to see my parts list getting shorter.

Also, do any of you guys know if it is possible to buff out light scratches in door windows? Trying to decide whether to work on them or just replace them. I would really like to keep the original glass, if possible.

Attachments

• IMG950988.jpg
    IMG950988.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG950986.jpg
    IMG950986.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG950984.jpg
    IMG950984.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 60
True about the two different systems, but knowing how my luck goes, I would have to buy a lot of stuff to make my old system run. I don't know if the compressor failed, since the AC never worked. Also, I am seeing something about a VIR eliminator. Not sure why I need that, but apparently I would.
[/QUOTE]

Hello.....looks like you've made some great progress. On the Vintage air, I have one installed on a '76 TA. My car was originally a heat only car and the Vintage Air made the most since. If you need any pictures of the system install just let me know. Keep rolling on your project!!! Looks good!!!

I did a lot of research, and ended up with the full upgrade system from Original Air Group. It is made in Tampa, Florida, runs on 134 freon, and is a modern system that doesn't steal horsepower like the old system. I think it is going to be good.

I have not read all the comments but your horsepower goals are well within reach with a good cam intake and exhaust. I had a 1970 Olds w30 442 and was it the same horsepower level with the w 30 camshaft some head work and tuning.if memory serves me your 455 is a little more oversquare so it could benefit more from a camshaft in the higher RPM range. Good luck and have fun

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom