• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you been reading?

BillMe45

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
158   0
Reaction score
Recently finished Glen Becks Overton Window. I'd give it 3.5 stars, kept me reading and I liked it well enough to pick up the second book, The Eye of Moloch.

The story (without spoilers) is based on the idea of One Worlders shaping public opinion to advance there agenda. As typical Beck does a good job of taking complex social/political subjects and clearly explaining it, but sometimes it seems that he over simplifies to the point that it seems he's talking under you, it also seems that the story suffers at the expense of explaining these ideas.

The characters are fairly well fleshed out but also as usual he doesn't do an overtly good job of building his characters. Once again it seems that his strong point is breaking down political ideas.

The story is pretty good and it did keep me turning the pages.

As stated above 3.5 starts, an OK read and any weakness in the story is overcome by the fact that it is a quick read. All in all I would recommend it. If for no other reason I think it is a useful book for explaining the concept of the Overton Window.

So what have you been reading?

Just about anything from James Patterson, besides the children's series. I want to get the American Sniper. I like a lot of Kootz, King, etc., the horror stuff. I also like the westerns. Louis Lamour, stuff along those lines. For a while I couldn't get enough of the Skeeter Skelton reprints from the old Shooting Times, he also published a couple of good books.

Just about anything from James Patterson, besides the children's series. I want to get the American Sniper. I like a lot of Kootz, King, etc., the horror stuff. I also like the westerns. Louis Lamour, stuff along those lines. For a while I couldn't get enough of the Skeeter Skelton reprints from the old Shooting Times, he also published a couple of good books.

Have you read Lamour's Last of the Breed? Its a departure from his westerns but in my opinion his best, should be required reading before your issued your man card.

Reich of the Black Sun
White Devil
The Zero Point Universe

I tend to read a few books at once to keep my interest going.

Absolutely, I have a set of leather bound books from him, that is one of them. They are a great display! Full size, leather bound covers...I'm not sure where he got them from but they were my dads. I like em.

Back
Top Bottom