• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you been reading?

Just re-read William Bartram's Travels, the Naturalist Edition for the third or fourth time. Wish I could go back in time and travel through the SE with him and see what he saw firsthand.

Planning for vacation in 2 weeks and taking the new James Bond - "Trigger Mortis" and "Way of the Dragon, Way of the Lamb" by Jamin Goggin.

Heaven by Randy Alcorn. Only 120 pages in. It something often not thought about by Christians. It is amazing to see the picture of Heaven from scripture and consider where Heaven would be located per scripture.

Recently finished Glen Becks Overton Window. I'd give it 3.5 stars, kept me reading and I liked it well enough to pick up the second book, The Eye of Moloch.

The story (without spoilers) is based on the idea of One Worlders shaping public opinion to advance there agenda. As typical Beck does a good job of taking complex social/political subjects and clearly explaining it, but sometimes it seems that he over simplifies to the point that it seems he's talking under you, it also seems that the story suffers at the expense of explaining these ideas.

The characters are fairly well fleshed out but also as usual he doesn't do an overtly good job of building his characters. Once again it seems that his strong point is breaking down political ideas.

The story is pretty good and it did keep me turning the pages.

As stated above 3.5 starts, an OK read and any weakness in the story is overcome by the fact that it is a quick read. All in all I would recommend it. If for no other reason I think it is a useful book for explaining the concept of the Overton Window.

So what have you been reading?
S&W STANDARD BOOK

Back
Top Bottom