• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what have you done to prep 3/2021

Wolf six

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
please keep this more in the vein of self sufficiency. while the fact you bought a gun is cool, its cooler to get training or that you got more practice in.
Basically this thread is for idea farming as how to better prepare for the events we will face in the near future.

-bought a corn sheller to make animal feed this winter
-Planned out my garden grow order. This is how i'm going to stagger what i'm planting in relation to how quickly it matures
-acquired heirloom seeds

These are some guys on youtube that do an excellent job explaining gardening

Slowly started about 10 years ago.

In the past 6 months:
- Inventoried and replenished our food stores (4 month supply)
- Planted a garden
- Attended monthly tactical training (carbine/pistols) and dry fire train every day (Mantis X is the deal)
- Turned my garage into a gym (heavy bag, speed bag, sandbags, bands, etc.)
- Started 5 gallons of Mead
- Serviced primary and secondary generators
- Joined AMCON to grow my network
- Joined FieldCraft Survival to learn new skills

I highly recommend both AMCON and Fieldcraft! Great classes and content.

I figure the deer for food idea won't last long. Small animals will continue to be nocturnal, so buy traps and learn how to trap. Sorry PETA but live cage traps aren't the way.

You won't use a 22 because you want a sure meal. A trapline will feed you, it will clothe you and it's always in the right place at the right time

I haven't done anything extra or different than normal, I was raised by my grandparents who lived during the depression, they taught me " waste not want not". I have been growing a garden, canning foods and hunting my entire life. I have food and essentials to last at least four months maybe longer as long as we don't have to abandon home and run. I started this year much like all the others, prepping ground for the spring planting, tending to seedlings that will be transferred when ready and sharing with family that ran out or was in need. I do not consider myself a prepper, I am sure if there was a cataclysmic event I do not have every thing I may need but I know how to get it and know how to survive with very little.

Back
Top Bottom