• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

243 Winchester on a rainy day.
100gr Hornady over 40grs IMR 4350

Attachments

• 20220331_143813.jpg
    20220331_143813.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 23
I had a productive day. I cleaned and trimmed, resized and deprimed, clean primer pockets and chamfer 200 6.8spcll brass today. Each one done by hand one at a time. My fingers feel like someone smacked them with a hammer. Now to prime and then charge and press in the projectiles. I am done for the day. Jeez that's a time consuming process.

I had a productive day. I cleaned and trimmed, resized and deprimed, clean primer pockets and chamfer 200 6.8spcll brass today. Each one done by hand one at a time. My fingers feel like someone smacked them with a hammer. Now to prime and then charge and press in the projectiles. I am done for the day. Jeez that's a time consuming process.
Loading rifle rounds suck, too much prep work involved. At most I only do 50 round batches at a time.

I was slumming it with the hand held primer that came with my Lee press set mm up. I splurged and purchased on that mounts on a small board and has a lever. You put the shell in and press the lever down. OH MY WORD! Why did I did I hand prime for so long. It's so easy it’s not even funny. I literally primed 200 cases in a fraction of the time it would take me to do fifty by hand. I know how to reload but I am still a Hun when it comes to equipment. " Atilla the hand primer ". LOL I am pissed it took me this long to upgrade. It's not these steam punk reloaders some of you guys have but I like the control of single loading. Had to order a new powder trickle as well. I lost mine but replacing it with a Frankfort Arsenal.

Attachments

• 20220403_085114.jpg
    20220403_085114.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 15
Next on the list is a real nice unit that will auto powder throw and measurers it for my next round. That will allow me to still maintain a certain amount of control. One of the good reasons I like to do it this way is; you can pick any bag or MTM box of reloads and measure the powder in each round and you might find 3 rounds that is 0.01 that is different than all the rest. Gives me confidence when I decide to use that ammo it will be dead on round to round performance.

Back
Top Bottom