• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Just thought we could start a thread where we could all show off our latest projects.

Now that I have my 7.62x51 load worked out I finished up loading all my available brass this morning and then set out to tackle a huge project. I haven't touched my 300 Weatherby Magnum since my last Elk hunt in 2003 and haven't had anything loaded up for it in the same time. While gathering supplies for the 308 loads, I just couldn't help myself and picked up some powder and bullets for the big belted magnum.

I have somehow managed to accumulate over 500 pieces of brass for the Weatherby so I figure I will load them all and never have to load another 300 Weatherby Mag round again (especially since there is nothing in Georgia for me to shoot with it.;) )

Here are the first 50.

[Broken External Image]:

I must say I have forgotten how tiring it is loading up the big cartridge, not to mention how terrifying it is dumping near 80grs of powder into that giant case. Roy Weatherby was a sick man indeed. :thumb:

Whats going on with your shoulders on your brass? Will they chamber easily or is it just the picture

Weatherbys have double radius shoulders. They look different than most cartridges. The angle of the picture does make is look more extreme than it really is.

No pics, but I have finally managed to put together several different recipes of 9mm to go test out. different grains, and crimp, with a 124gr bullet. Now if I could just get around to renewing my membership so I can go shoot them.

I will get some pics tonight.

Some size comparisons.

7.62x51 & 300 Weatherby Magnum
[Broken External Image]:

5.56x45, 7.62.x51, 300 Weatherby Magnum
[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom