• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

Good looking rounds nice to see quality loads. You gentlemen are reloading artist.
People do not clean to the point you do. We wet wash with stainless media. Dry and polish with large treated corn cobb, trim, bevel the inside and outside of the mouth, clean and true the primer pockets. Then put the primers in and then start the powder fill process, and lastly put the bullet in and then again run through the dry large corn cobb media again. Wipe them off and put them into the ammo cases ready to use.

We are finishing 1500 300aac, and then 1500 .264 mag.

We only use true 300AAC brass, no converted, no reformed. Witnessed personally two uppers and barrels blow to pieces, did not hurt anyone, however did not do our hanes any good.

Seriously, why nut seat to the crimp ring? Or is that the blemish on them? It's not in the right spot?

Hornady 150s. If you set to the cannelure then the OAL is too short. They are known for that. OAL is supposed to be 2.80, however mine are actually a little shorter than that. Set to the cannelure the bullets would be something like 2.6 or abouts. Everything I have read says to ignore the cannelure, so I do. I do not crimp my 308.

Hornady 150s. If you set to the cannelure then the OAL is too short. They are known for that. OAL is supposed to be 2.80, however mine are actually a little shorter than that. Set to the cannelure the bullets would be something like 2.6 or abouts. Everything I have read says to ignore the cannelure, so I do. I do not crimp my 308.

Gotcha. I need to find some 147 pulls for 300blk loads.

Speaking of 300 blk lol. Tonight was round 2 for trying to find a good load.
Switched to IMR 4198. Hodgdon data had a max load of 11.0 published (1059 fps), but no starting point.
So I took off ten percent-ish, and went with 10.0 gr with OAL of 2.240 +/- .001 with a crimp, then with 10.3, 10.6, and 10.9.

Do you think I should start high and work down?? Or at the ten percent drop and work up?

Back
Top Bottom