• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

That's always been my understanding....but I've been wrong before :thumb:

You are wrong again. The 300blk is designed to run either way, subsonic or supersonic without a can. It's original design calls for a pistol length gas system. On a pistol length system it will cycle just fine. On a carbine length system subsonic may not cycle. Personally if I was trying to get a subsonic to cycle I wouldn't do it with 150's, I'd go heavier to a 220. It's like 9mm, it's easier to push a heavy 147 or 124 subsonic reliably than it is to push a 115 reliably and keep it subsonic. 150's I'd try to push around 2000fps. In fact I'm looking at picking up some xtreme plated 150's and run them around 2000. Also going to pick up some 110 30 carbine bullets to load up a plinking load with.

Tried some 180 gr xtp's in 44 magnum. used 31.5 of H110. I believe I will have a bruise on my hand tomorrow. 180 gr at dam near 2000 fps out of a smith revolver, what a rush.

I have not reloaded anything yet. Got a Lee 50th anniversary set, .223 dies, V-Max .224" bullets, 1lb 2200 powder, small rifle primers, Lyman reload book for Christmas. Went tonight and picked up a Lyman sonic and .45 acp dies large pistol primers. Gonna happen soon....

Im reloading 8mm, made from 30 06 brass. Can't find 8mm brass unless its either berdan or $1 each.

Been an interesting learning experience but looking good so far. Going to try em at the range in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom