• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What if HR.8 Passes

so then zesty zesty who do you think should be 'allowed' to have firearms ?

Any non-felon is good with me. I'm ok with non-violent felons. As I've stated, I am not in favor of any additional gun control. I hate the idea of UBCs. For the record, I don't ask for WCLs or BOSs for trades and generally won't do them for sellers either. I'm all about keeping the gov out of private sales.

I think the only point I've tried to make is that gun-control talking points are not totally without merit. That doesn't mean that I agree with them as a reason to promote gun control. I just think it's dangerous for us to discount them as totally irrelevant or false. They have a few facts on their side. It's just that those facts don't warrant any change to our 2A.

If gun owners had to decide..

Would we rather have a change in regulation to HOW we buy a gun?
or
Would we rather have a change in regulation to What guns we are allowed to own?

Me? I look at government regulation in who or why or what guns can be bought the same way as prior efforts to 'regulate' VOTING - literacy tests, poll taxes, property ownership, etc. Those voting 'regulations' in the past were ALL deemed unconstitutional, period. Nuff said.

Me? I look at government regulation in who or why or what guns can be bought the same way as prior efforts to 'regulate' VOTING - literacy tests, poll taxes, property ownership, etc. Those voting 'regulations' in the past were ALL deemed unconstitutional, period. Nuff said.

I will give my answer, since most of the most recent guns I have bought have all been brand new and I prefer to know the history and price and warranty are all better on new guns, then I would prefer to end private gun sales and still be able to buy Semi auto rifles and handguns.
Than the option of having semi auto guns removed/restricted.

or

I will give my answer, since most of the most recent guns I have bought have all been brand new and I prefer to know the history and price and warranty are all better on new guns, then I would prefer to end private gun sales and still be able to buy Semi auto rifles and handguns.
Than the option of having semi auto guns removed/restricted.

or

WADR, your feelings and satisfaction about knowing the price and warranty stability of new guns (Form 4473 sales is what you're saying) doesn't have anything to do with the right (unhindered) to bear (own, possess) firearms.

You can translate your preference to many other things: cars, boats, houses, knives, bats, crowbars, etc. You'd give up the right for private transfer of these just so you can buy them in a store, dealership or from a Realtor?

If you look at many of the mass shootings, a very common element was that the firearms were legally obtained. UBC is just a first step in the long, incremental trek to confiscation.

You'd give up the right for private transfer of these just so you can buy them in a store, dealership or from a Realtor?

I have NO interest in GIVING UP anything.

I don't understand your need to preach something to me, like I AM your Senator and you are pressing your Constitutional point to me?..
I have tried to ask the same question Twice and for some reason you refuse to even answer and just want to preach constitutionality and infringement to me...

It wasn't even a hard question, I will try one last time but I expect the same response from you.

or

I have NO interest in GIVING UP anything.

I don't understand your need to preach something to me, like I AM your Senator and you are pressing your Constitutional point to me?..
I have tried to ask the same question Twice and for some reason you refuse to even answer and just want to preach constitutionality and infringement to me...

It wasn't even a hard question, I will try one last time but I expect the same response from you.

or
I answered your question, not with the questionable either/or conditions, but with my feelings on the underlying goal of HR8...that I don't conform to your hypotheticals seems to bother you. Not me. Done talking about this. I'm not in the business of equivocating away my rights with lesser of two evils. Bye

Back
Top Bottom