• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What if the SHTF and I'm 12 hours from home????

You know what to do

Attachments

• 369915-bear-grylls.jpg
    369915-bear-grylls.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 8
Hahaha yes, you racists lol.

But I remember looking at the lifestraw .02 micron unit. How many gallons does it do?

The sawyer .02 micron one is rated at like 1million gallons and has a bucket kit so you can make it work with or without buckets.

Cool part is you choose your own buckets, so you could have a 55 gallon drum be your clean water reservoir of you wanted.

Steel cable locked around the seat frame. My pistol is in a bulldog safe with a steel cable anchored around the seat frames as well.

Oh! I always keep some spending cash in 20's, about ten ounces of silver (Pre - 1964 US silver coinage), a Glock 27 with a 9MM conversion barrel and mags and a roll of quarters. This all goes in the pistol safe. The GHB has 3-4 days concentrated freeze dried rations, fire starting material(lighter, matches, striker), Gerber multi-tool, toilet paper, boonie hat, web belt with holster, canteen and cup, ammo pouches and a Cold Steel GI Tanto, bandaids and limited basic medicine(aspirin and rolaids mainly), whistle, lifestraw, some energy drink powder like Crystal light(mainly adds flavor but a little vitamin/energy as well. In the back of the car, in the wheel well I also keep 100 round boxes of every caliber ammo I might need from 9MM to 45 ACP and 30/30, 5.56 and 22LR. There is also a pair of hiking boots in there.

I keep swearing I'm going to put one of these in there but haven't yet.

View attachment 518455
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spectre-Tak...657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac5252499

Is this thing for real?

We are talking a recurve without a nock..... In my book that is a toy.

Anyone bow hunt? It is easy with a modern compound bow-but with a recurve, you actually have to practice ALL the time to get good. And your effective range is much shorter.

Plus, that thing looks weak as all hell. Good luck.

I am glad your anecdotal evidence is just that...anecdotal. It is NOT scripture and all I was saying that in a SHTF scenario you would be better prepared to actually purify your water...that is unless you think those sources you have been drinking from will remain unchanged....hint they wont.

Actually Scripture is not fact either. lol

Why do you think the water sources will be changed if the SHTF? I can think of several scenarios where the water quality of streams and lakes will remain the same yet society collapses. Hell, look at Snowpocalypse, financial collapse, meteor hits California, internet breaks forever....All of these could affect this guys ability to get home but stopping for a cool drink of water would not be affected.

Algae blooms. Bioweapons that use liquid water as its means of transportation. Contamination upstream with chemicals and waste from masses of urban refugees who don't have the first clue about field sanitation. etc. Potable water sources will become highly valued assets in any social breakdown and so coveted and guarded.

It is unwise to assume that you can rely upon clean water sources.

Last edited:
It is unwise to assume that you can rely upon clean water sources.

yup i agree. if all of atlanta started ****ting outside because the water stopped, i think the quality of ground water would degrade. sure.

I also have used the sawyer, as have thousands of backpackers and campers, with no ill effect. I consider it 100% reliable for daily use. if SHTF and things change, then i will also treat with bleach.
as far as a get home bag, i carry one of these with bleach
http://www.rei.com/product/634320/nalgene-drop-dispenser-bottle-2-fl-oz
[Broken External Image]:

and one of these filled with bourbon
http://www.rei.com/product/836469/nalgene-flask-12-fl-oz
www_rei_com_zoom_uu_a4f649f6_a1ab_4dc4_ac0e_7fb13a86c9d2_jpg_440_.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
Actually Scripture is not fact either. lol

Why do you think the water sources will be changed if the SHTF? I can think of several scenarios where the water quality of streams and lakes will remain the same yet society collapses. Hell, look at Snowpocalypse, financial collapse, meteor hits California, internet breaks forever....All of these could affect this guys ability to get home but stopping for a cool drink of water would not be affected.

You think he would be the only guy stopping for water? You don't think people would be FLOCKING to these places to try and bathe or to dispose of bodily waste stored in a bucket?

Back
Top Bottom