Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I can survive a few days

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • **** yes I’ve been waiting for this

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
Most people would be screwed after a few days. No power, water, no phones. Fortifying your home in the suburbs isn’t practical as a defensive position. You’d have to leave to a less densely populated area. Also gas would be at a premium. Then you’d be on foot. Can’t really carry those 50,000 rounds you had saved up.

I guess I have plenty of water in the pool. 25k gallons should last awhile, so I can boil it if I can find wood or fuel... That covers one thing. Heck, I can even keep the toilets running by running buckets up to fill up the toilet tanks. I am on a sewer, so that should hold out for awhile...

Food would be an issue pretty quickly... If SHTF the best thing I can think of is make a food run before it's gone, beans and canned goods that keep a long time, make a trip to Home Depot for supplies to barricade my house a bit, Gas up the vehicles and move them inside the garage, and then hunker down as long as possible.

Unless you have property and somewhere else to go away from everyone, I feel like the options in a true disaster are pretty limited.

You can go awhile without a lot of food, but it only takes a couple days without water to put you down... so the pool becoming a water source I feel is a big help.

Me and my family can last a few months IF we can defend this location. That's a big if. We are in a suburban area, but our home is a little off the beaten path. I've actually met a few neighbors that said they didn't even realize there was a house where we live. However, if someone is looking they'll find it. It's hard to make a driveway completely vanish and wood smoke is a pretty obvious smell. We are also visible from two other homes that are not as well hidden. If someone hits them, they'll see us.

Three sides would be fairly easy to defend, we have the high ground on one side big time and they would be dealing with a very steep slope or a high retaining wall on the other two, but on the forth side they would have the high ground with pretty good cover at close range. About 70 yards. They would be able to take the crest and dump rounds in on us easily. I plan to fortify shooting positions on that side of the house in the near future and will have the makings for some nasty surprises if anyone tries to position themselves on that crest or tries to flank us.

I'm currently looking for someplace to buy that would be good to bug out to, but don't have it yet. I've looked into a couple of offers to join an existing compound, but those people were a little more crazy than I'm comfortable with. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom