Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I can survive a few days

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • **** yes I’ve been waiting for this

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
I keep enough gas to get to my lake house, where a large portion of my preps are stowed, including food, water, ammo, guns, plus more gas and diesel and a 1,000 gallon propane tank that never gets below 60%. The house is on a point lot/peninsula that is gated, and would be relatively easy to defend by land. If someone comes by boat, I would be more open but I can see for a long ways in the water channels with an elevated advantage. My solar lights should help at night defending against someone coming up to the house by water. Several large dogs, including a Husky and Doberman, would sound the alarm too. I have two generators, nine fireplaces, gas stove and water heaters, and a 10,660 acre +/- fresh water pond at my disposal for water needs. Both freezers are usually full and two pantries contain at least a year's worth of canned goods for 10 or so. Deer, rabbits, and squirrels are plentiful in our small community, which has only one road coming in and going back out, with water surrounding most of it. Also, some of the best fishing in the southeast. Once I finish two current restoration/remodeling projects, I plan to focus on a large solar power supply and conversion of the remaining lights to LED. And, yes, there is much more to do... if we just have the time to get 'er done!!

Depends on the scenario.

eco collapse? I won't have to pay off my truck at least but would just barely make it home on the gas in it.

Yellowstone volcano? Well, I'm headed there in early April, so I'll have front row seating for the mass bbq.

flash mob crime outbreak? I have about 4 miles of "city" to wade through, and an ARB on the front of the truck and a few hundred rounds at hand. Once I get through the city, I'm in "friendly" territory, but I'll save a mag for the next 30 miles.

Zombies? I'm covered

Dems ban everything? well, come get it. I ain't bringing it to ya!

Attack of the killer tacos? I've eaten enough to make it fair play to be eaten by a taco.

Invest in a good siphon hose for fuel. With all the cars in the country there's enough fuel to scrounge and horde for the short term until and if at least limited facilities are up and running again.

The super siphons are excellent. It'll dump a 5 gallon container in about a minute and beats getting a mouth of unleaded!

Total financial collapse of country, aka Venezuela-esq, where food is scarce, utilities may or may not exist and people turn to drastic measures to feed their families, i honestly think 99% of the public is at serious risk, not from starvation, being cold or hot, but at risk from each other.

To answer the poll. Do I have food and water, sure. Do I have supplies, yup. However, the better question we all must ask ourselves is whether or not you are prepared to do what is necessary to defend your family and those supplies and ensure your survival.

Total financial collapse of country, aka Venezuela-esq, where food is scarce, utilities may or may not exist and people turn to drastic measures to feed their families, i honestly think 99% of the public is at serious risk, not from starvation, being cold or hot, but at risk from each other.

To answer the poll. Do I have food and water, sure. Do I have supplies, yup. However, the better question we all must ask ourselves is whether or not you are prepared to do what is necessary to defend your family and those supplies and ensure your survival.

And that's what it really comes down to. There are lots of water sources, and there are stores full of supplies... If people were rational, society could get by for a good while if the power and communications went offline.

It is the stupid side of human nature that would do us in. Opportunists and criminals who would start first, trying to take advantage for personal gain. Law enforcement wouldn't be able to handle that.

People would get hungry, and when people are afraid and hungry, they get desperate and desperate people are probably more dangerous than whatever caused the problem in the first place...

So I agree, while most of us could find food and water and go a few weeks if we had to... anything over a week or two, when fresh food starts to spoil, is going to have those that don't have stuff, to go looking for those that do...

So the real question is, is the average person ready and willing to take the lives of others who are just trying to survive and feed their kids? Because that is what will happen. It won't be thugs most likely, it will be some desperate father who's kids are starving and his wife is injured or sick, who will do anything to take care of them.

That's who we would be fighting with. And if we were in their shoes and desperate, would we not likely do the same, only to have someone shoot at us?

I honestly don't like these conversations, because were any of this to actually happen, nobody wins... Some survive, but at what personal cost?

I read a bit about this stuff awhile back... Unless you have a fortified bunker, you are basically screwed. People can stock up on food and water and have a generator and diesel... and when at night you are that one house lit up, and people hear that generator, letting them know you have power and refrigeration, you just put a giant target on your house...

Other people think they will go out to the country and live off the land... except that deer and other game, isn't stupid. When a bunch of people move in and start shooting them, because going out to the country won't be your idea alone, a ton of people will do the same thing... that game will dry up or move further out...

I don't care how much you prep, if the power is shut off, we are all in for a world of hurt...

Even if you have a fortified bunker, how long could you really last, when a few thousand people realize that you are the only one with food and supplies?

You don't have that many bullets, trust me...

If SHTF means war or close to it alotta folks will be ended while trying to explain their lite views of what’s going on. The “root” of the problem should be considered before hand and has been here

Back
Top Bottom