• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is a lowball offer?

The market always determines the value. It has nothing to do with what you paid, it is about the condition of the item and the market at the time of sell or buy. Take Gold, I have sold at $1990 a troy oz. and at $650.00 a troy oz. for the same metal to the same dealer. I buy, sell, trade and rent all the time. I do not care how much you have in a item, be it free or you paid way to much. The market set the price, I think it is a capitalist term called supply and demand.

The market always determines the value. It has nothing to do with what you paid, it is about the condition of the item and the market at the time of sell or buy. Take Gold, I have sold at $1990 a troy oz. and at $650.00 a troy oz. for the same metal to the same dealer. I buy, sell, trade and rent all the time. I do not care how much you have in a item, be it free or you paid way to much. The market set the price, I think it is a capitalist term called supply and demand.

Interesting concept supply and demand. Has worked well over the years. Has AOC ever heard of it?

image.jpg
Low balls... A male condition of aging.

I typically don't offer less than the seller is asking, but there are exceptions. One was an item that was clearly overpriced, but I don't think the seller knew it. I very politely let him know in a PM and made a fair offer. He accepted it without any animosity.

In another I offered less than the item was worth, but the seller stated in the post he wanted to sell quickly and the price was negotiable. I let him know I knew the offer was low, but that was all I had in the gun fund at the time. Instead of just turning me down, which I was kind of expecting, he got pissed. That makes no sense to me.

Obviously you have not perused the hallowed gun forums... The listings on this site have nothing to do with supply and demand... Or Stippled Glocks wouldn’t be going for 700 bucks....

Back
Top Bottom