• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is best security plant that will GROW IN THE SHADE?

Wait?? even the plants down there sting? crikey!

Not all of them, some are carnivorous........

0D83F5EB-0E9B-40B5-A535-BC35EA3B8963-9877-000007FF569E482B.jpeg

The problem is going to be the shade part...

Quince ideally want full sun, or only partial shade. Holly is pretty much the same and most roses are full-sun only. I have no idea about Australian Death Plants. They probably only grow inside of volcanos or something.

You have to be careful about planting anything right up against the side the house though. That can trap moisture or lead to insect problems, and the roots can damage foundations if the plant gets big enough. To avoid this you should space bushes a few feet out from the walls, which means now you are just giving a burglar a perfect hiding place to sit and work at prying your windows open.

I looked into this for a while and couldn't really find anything that would work. I finally just added a glass break sensor and a motion detector to that room and called it good.

Holly will work in shade or sun around here. When I was younger we used it at apartments. People at college apartments do weird stuff around bushes. Changing them all out to holly fixed that. No more people using windows as doors, and the pee smell went away. I'll take a pic of the holly growing on my fence tomorrow. It's partially full sun partially shaded almost all day.

Back
Top Bottom