• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is "Lowballing"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several definitions.
1. When you offer a fair market value for an overpriced item and the seller guts butthurt.

2. Offering much less than fair market value for an appropriately priced item just as a shot in the dark (or you really want the item but its all you can afford) to see if you can get a deal due to seller need, ignorance, or apathy.

3. See post #13 by karlvv30.

What %$$ below the asking price would be considered lowball?

5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%?

I agree with a %, like 25% or more under ask.
However, i just saw an FN listed at nearly double high market price so I either need an exception clause or to bump the "butthurt" threshold to 50% of list.

You could probably assign the higher limit rule to specific people but that may be frowned upon here.

There are no such things as "low ball offers". There are only offers. You can either accept them, decline them, or you can make a counter-offer. There is no reason to get offended. As long as negotiation is allowed, we all have different thoughts and ideas around what constitutes a fair or reasonable offer.

There are no such things as "low ball offers". There are only offers. You can either accept them, decline them, or you can make a counter-offer. There is no reason to get offended. As long as negotiation is allowed, we all have different thoughts and ideas around what constitutes a fair or reasonable offer.
giphy (5).gif

:focus:
First rule of ODT, logic and reasoning is forbidden in price rant threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom