• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is "NEW" worth to you?

I think Location is more important than New or used.
I am not driving 2 hours to save $50.
My time and gas is worth more than that

Same here. Most of the time, I can buy new cheaper than used, and I then know its full history and don't have to worry about the real number of rounds fired or "upgrades" that might have been completed. Plus, my FFL is only a few miles away, which is almost like having it delivered to my door. The only ones I often buy used are more of the collectible type, older guns, or something that I think my kids and grand kids will enjoy shooting/plinking. For real defensive and tactical purposes, as well as personal "must haves", it just makes more sense for me to buy new. As the cheaper products continue to fall to almost historical lows, I believe the higher-end items will slowly continue to drop as well... and that is what I am interested in. Like most on here, I have more than I probably should, but prices today have me investing in quality that I believe will pay real dividends down the road.

An example as I've witnessed it: That over 21 Georgia resident just yesterday walked into Norcross Gun Room and fondled a SHIELD that's priced at $399 (+) 6% sales tax (+) 4473 paper trail (+) possible delay (a NICS hold). And so today the "same buyer" sees a similar SHIELD on ODT for $20 less with a holster and some ammo... $400 cash could be a bargain to him.
Is the lack of a paper trail worth $150 to that hypothetical buyer?

glocks and remmy 700's in 308 just increase in value..
ie, i have a g26 with a streamlight/laser. i have about $700 in it new. used value
$1,000,000,000,000.99
a remmy 700 in 308,can be purchased new from any sporting good store for $379.95 or less. used value $800 to $1,000,000,000,000.98
its not what used is worth to us,its what its worth to them. you should always be able to change your mind and make a lot of money...
by the way, i will sell my glock for $1,000,000,000.99 thats a huge savings, if i burn the crap out of it with a soldering iron i will need $2,000,000,000,001.99

how about a store quotes you a price and when you go to get it ,store says the distributor added 70$ to price and I have to pass it along?

Yeah, I read it just fine.
399 is 75 dollars more than a locally sourced 9mm Shield, that's before the 75 dollar factory rebate, so yeah, anyone who isn't capable of comparison shopping, and who is afraid of filling out a 4473, and is concerned about not passing a background check, and just can't wait may find that 400 dollar cash deal is perfect for him.

Some people don't take care of their stuff. If it's used and well taken care of that's fine with me, some people have road rash all over the finish and the gun never gets a good cleaning, that does bother me and is a big loss in value in my opinion..

If it's the type of gun that could be damaged by careless handling, improper ammo, or incorrect assembly, then I would pay maybe 30% more to get a brand-new one.

For most types of guns however I don't really fear that the prior owner may have damage them. Therefore unless they're worn out I don't consider new ones to be worth much more than a "very good condition" used one.

I was just about to post a price rant on some of these optics I see. A new vortex viper pay 1-4x24 was on sale for around 350 plus shipping and I see them posted for 500-600 with a 100 dollar mount. Not just these but several others. I don't think people take the time to price check their items they are selling, or don't understand that even if it's nib or like new, it's still used. Drives me nuts!

Back
Top Bottom