• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best aftermarket glock 19 trigger

For me personally, I stick with the stock triggers. My main Glock 19 has a pretty solid trigger from being fired so much, and I trust it.

I’ve seen a lot of aftermarket triggers fail.

This.

The most reliable handguns I see in my courses are stock Glocks of any caliber or generation, with factory mags.

The most unreliable handguns I see in my courses are Glocks that someone has f’ed with. I see 9mm Glocks with red triggers that have multiple issues in each and every magazine.

If it’s a Gen5, run the stock trigger. With the round count that you intend on, she’ll slick up nicely with use.

I have my issued Gen5 G19 MOS, an identical personal one, and a Gen5 G34 MOS. They all shoot very nicely. Perfect 300 on my agency qualifications, perfect 150 on the Tactical Pistol Course, and no issues passing the Triple Nickel.

This is on a shadow systems mr920 elite not my pistol I carry just my competition rig. Trigger blows its had thousands of rounds through it already I don't like it at all.

The new Timney is pretty effn awesome. You don’t need to change any of the springs (which will reduce reliability) or even the connector to get a sweet trigger.

I dropped one in a bone stock G34 Gen5 and it yielded a 2.5# pull with a short pull, crisp reset and maintains all of the Glock factory safety mechanisms.

Putting that trigger in my raced-out gun that’s been polished all to hell and has a 5# firing pin spring gives a sub-2# pull.

If you want to drop in a trigger and not have to mess with anything else.. highly recommend the Timney.

The Overwatch precision polymer trigger is as far as I would go personally. It’s essentially a polymer flat trigger shoe on a stock trigger bar but eliminates almost all the pre-travel creep and has a nice crisp break. Especially on the Gen 5s with the 5# dot connector.

The new Timney is pretty effn awesome. You don’t need to change any of the springs (which will reduce reliability) or even the connector to get a sweet trigger.

I dropped one in a bone stock G34 Gen5 and it yielded a 2.5# pull with a short pull, crisp reset and maintains all of the Glock factory safety mechanisms.

Putting that trigger in my raced-out gun that’s been polished all to hell and has a 5# firing pin spring gives a sub-2# pull.

If you want to drop in a trigger and not have to mess with anything else.. highly recommend the Timney.

I trust what you are saying since I know your a shooter. I just don't want to sacrifice any reliability. So you've had zero issues?

I trust what you are saying since I know your a shooter. I just don't want to sacrifice any reliability. So you've had zero issues?
None. I’ve only had it for a few weeks... but I’ve put some rounds on it.

It’s quite the ingenious design. It’s not relying on the springs and contact surfaces to reduce the pull weight.

The trigger bar is now tripping a sear versus cocking the firing pin and letting it slide off the trigger bar.

I have zero concerns at this point of its reliability and safety.

Now you’ll also have the folks rolling in your thread that changing your trigger will get you in some extra legal hassle, should you ever use your gun defensively... if that’s remotely a concern for you... I’d do nothing other than a factory “-“ connector and a polish job.. but otherwise, do what you need to do for comfort and accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom