• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best Ak 47

For $800-1200, Arsenal is the way to go, or a used Krebs or Rifle Dynamics if you can find it. AK Operator's Union on YouTube is a great place for AK information.

For the purpose of plinking (and for defensive use as well), I'd just pickup a good condition WASR-10 or 10/63 and spend the rest of the money on ammo/mags/training.

Anything fully import you’re good (Mak90, Hungarian Kasner imports, early Arsenal imports, TGI AMDs etc)
WASR you’re good
Arsenal you’re good
Rifle dynamics you’re good
Most professional builds on surplus parts you’re good (2 Rivers)
NPap/OPap you’re good
Saiga Vepr Molot you’re good
Yugo M70AB2 early Century usually good
Import pistols (PAP, Draco’s) you’re good

Trying to think of more....

Excellent post. Completely agree with all of this. I've owned more than half of these at some point or another and all are good.
My personal tastes:
If you can find a nice Vepr in your price range, that would be a winner.
Krebs is a great option.
I like the Wasr 10 or 10/63. They are less expensive but near indestructible. They are also the most friendly to accessorize in the aftermarket, if you are into that sort of thing, not to mention the spare parts in the aftermarket...Though you probably won't be needing spare parts often, if ever...Don't be fooled by the less expensive price tags on the Wasr. They are military grade rifles.

i got an arsenal 107

i prefer it to the 95 i had actually, being stamped its not as heavy as the milled receiver (i know the milled receiver is a bit tougher and what not but i aint never seen one of the break before so i went with the lighter option; both shot fantastic)

and that garbage about ak47s not being accurate out to 300 yards is just that, garbage

Come over to the Kalash side, where there is no bed time, you can eat your dessert first and it’s only natural to rebel against authority.

8AB29D1A-BE34-4C27-809C-DD7C154C4735.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom