• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
We all seem to get around the various gun shops to check out the new toys. What are some of the dumbest things you've heard from either a shop employee or a customer?

I was at the Army Navy Store in Stockbridge. A guy came out of the range holding his Bersa. He held it in his hand casually on its side and was looking down at it. He reached it out to Russ, the manager and said " it won't fire" and pulls the trigger while pointed at Russ. Russ snatched it away and pulled the slide back and ejected a live round.

I had a store clerk inform me that a shotgun was too expensive me to look at, but when he tried to explain what it was, he has the specs completely wrong and even the possible gauges wrong (shotgun with interchangeable barrels). I corrected him on the specs, and after he actually read the specs from the sheet, he apologized. Guess what, too late for me to be a customer or even look in his store.

Saw a guy bring a full auto M1 into a shop, no paperwork, "found it in his daddy's attic," wanted to know if he could trade. I told him the ATF would destroy the gun if they caught wind of it. He looked at me like I was from Mars. LGS owner told him the same thing. Dude got all mad and said he was going to a place that "knew their guns." I wonder if he's in jail now...

Saw a guy bring a full auto M1 into a shop, no paperwork, "found it in his daddy's attic," wanted to know if he could trade. I told him the ATF would destroy the gun if they caught wind of it. He looked at me like I was from Mars. LGS owner told him the same thing. Dude got all mad and said he was going to a place that "knew their guns." I wonder if he's in jail now...

Should have offered to buy him anything in the shop and traded.

About 2 weeks into the latest panic/frenzy I took a converted 308 AK to Lithonia Pawn to see if they would trade it for some tools/equipment I needed. The owner told me Saigas were cheapo AKs and that customers prefer that they not have a pistol grip conversion. He offered me $250 store credit. He had unconverted Saiga 7.62x39's for $1000 on his shelf.

Had a girl shooting beside me at a gun store / range. I thought she was doing a lot of dry fires. Then she ask me to help her see why her gun was not shooting. I checked for a live round and dropped the mag and discovered she had the ammo in backward. She said it was much easier to load that way than the other way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom