• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

I asked to hold a Sig MK 25 at a LGS, as I racked the slide to check function and feel the slide itself I pointed it at the ground looking at the sights and just as I was about to dry fire it the clerk yelled at me that if I dry fire it I have to buy it cause it will break the firing pin. I handed the gun back and walked out the door. Haven't been back since.

Today a genius asked the guy behind the counter at a lgs , if a glock had an "unlimited squeeze" trigger.

ok,
i have one for you guys.

About a month ago, i was on the phone with an aftermarket gun part manufacturer discussing a warranty replacement of one of my customers firearms.
i look up to scan the room as my co-worker was on the other side of the room working with other customers (as we work in a range).
i continue to talk to the gentleman on the phone scanning the room over and over.
just making sure im aware of whats going on.
when i get done talking on the phone to the sales rep.
i start to hang the phone up when i hear the door open and shut and hear a shotgun rack a couple times.
Obviously my immediate reaction is we are being robbed
only to look up and see a lone man standing there saying
"Im just making sure you guys know its empty"

my response is that is a good way to get shot.

we call them "spankers" at work and have decided that a "spanker" cant just do one stupid thing. they have to do multiple things all in one visit.

perfect example

as you walk into our range there is a sign that says

"STOP! READ FIRST! please take any loaded firearms outside and download them before entering the shop as we are a cold range. Please have actions open and magazines out"

i have a guy walk in the door with a shotgun in one hand, range bag in the other action forward on the shotgun. he stops and reads the sign for a few seconds then walks right around the sign and proceeds to head towards me. i then ask if i can see the shotgun right quick as this is our standard procedure for all guns that are brought to the counter not in the requested condition. i carefully take the shotgun as he hands it to me and press the action lock on it to open it. as i pull it down while keeping it aimed in a safe direction a live round jumps out and on the floor. i look at it then look at him. he says "OH" i didnt know it was supposed to be open. i then proceed to let the other 7 rounds of 12 ga out of the tube.
so we give him a lane asking that he not bring a loaded weapon into the range again as its our store policy.

Later that night we look into the monitors to check out what he is doing and notice he is standing outside the stall not paying attention to where his muzzle is.
walk out on the range looking straight at him aiming at me not even noticing what he is doing.

they can never just do one thing wrong

and for those that disagree with the no loaded gun thing. yes this is a right to carry state, however. when you go out and the gas station clerk says hey, thats a nice gun what are you carrying? you dont reach for your gun and pull it out of the holster because its not acceptable in public.
however in the gun community for some reason when someone says hey thats a nice gun, we immediately want to say oh yeah here check it out and proceed to pull it out of the holster.
i even as a gun industry worker still take my gun off when i go into other gun shops.

Years ago, at some gun shop to the north side of Atlanta, there was a GS ( can't remember exactly) but it had steel bars on all doors/windows etc. The entry door had an electronic lock, controlled from inside ,by the employees. They also had a speaker system. To go in, the gun shop person closest to door would look at you, & if you "passed the smell test" only then would they press the button, buzzer goes of, then go in. Anyone who didn't like it, well just go somewhere else. I never had any problem with anyone there & if memory serves , I bought a handgun there, seems like it was a .44 MAG , sold at another GS, years later ( I used to love those .44's!!) .........but so long ago & my CRS is kicking in today..........

About 2 weeks into the latest panic/frenzy I took a converted 308 AK to Lithonia Pawn to see if they would trade it for some tools/equipment I needed. The owner told me Saigas were cheapo AKs and that customers prefer that they not have a pistol grip conversion. He offered me $250 store credit. He had unconverted Saiga 7.62x39's for $1000 on his shelf.

And people wonder why pawn shop owners have a bad rep of being low life sleazy snakes Snakes in the grass. now its obvious they have to undercut the seller pretty badly so they can turn a profit but $250 in credit?? Give me a break. I hope you laughed in his face. Sad thing is that the stupid people who go in there probably accept offers like that and also would pay the ridiculous $1000 price for a saga.

Every time I walkinto one and see the "NO LOADED WEAPONS" sign and think of the Freaken Hypocrisy..:confused: Yeah gun show to.. that wont let you in with a loaded gun, but will sell you a gun and ammo once inside..............

Doesn't take rocket science to figure out why those signs are posted. Their insurance providers probably require them to put the signs up, and they want to prevent misfires obviously. Just because someone is purchasing a gun and ammo doesn't mean they have to load it inside the store?? Not sure what is so confusing about this

x2 I had a guy offer me an M2 during a car sale that had been "in the family for years", never saw the gun as I told him it was not legal, same thought you had, you never know when you are being set up.

You know they have M2's that are semi auto as well right? They run about $8k. You should have taken a look at it. Could have gotten yourself a really good deal. Wish
I would have had the opportunity that you passed up.

Back
Top Bottom