• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

I was in my buddies gun shop here in Valdosta, and a blonde woman in Valdosta PD uniform comes in to pick up her M4 she ordered. She was talking real loud and acting arrogant. She pulls it out of the box and points it out the window, then says. " I can't wait till they see me with this! Going to think I'm a real bada$$ now!":rolleyes2: She looked like and acted a real idiot that was in desperate need of attention.....................

ODT member maybe? :confused2:

The person that comes in, obviously new and a buddy is taking them shooting. They ask to buy ammo, but dont know what caliber, just that their buddy said they needed to bring their own.

Several times heard a sales person telling someone a 18" 12ga would be fine for skeet shooting and home defense. Maybe with a hand thrower...

At a WMA range (i know it isnt a shop) - First guy talking constantly about his time in the sandbox and how he just got back, then loading rounds in the mag backwards. His buddy yelling to the range about the great groups he was getting. With a scoped mosin, at 15 yard pistol range (3-4" groups...)

My own father... trying to find 22LR, in the reloading section of cabelas

The Dick's employee that did not understand that I was looking for cases of 12ga 7/8 oz skeet loads. First I had to explain that it was a lighter amount of shot, then why, then he proceeded to bring every box of 12ga and 20ga 3/4 loads. One at a time

Not long ago I watched as a 250+ pound man act out the total number of steps he took backwards due to the recoil of a 44 mag...followed closely by another grown man showing just how far past his head a "Glock 9mm" was flying in recoil, "that 9 is just too much gun"

Been shopping around for a 22-250 for a low recoil deer rifle. Love the gun store commandos who laugh and tell me it's too light for deer and then try to sell me a 7 mag. Last time I checked, a north Georgia white tail isn't that hard to kill.

Been shopping around for a 22-250 for a low recoil deer rifle. Love the gun store commandos who laugh and tell me it's too light for deer and then try to sell me a 7 mag. Last time I checked, a north Georgia white tail isn't that hard to kill.

i hear shot placement is more important

gotta shoot the deer in the face

Duh. You gotta make the deer do a backflip when you hit it! ; )

Was in nicks guns in marietta a few years back just checked in for range time.
as I opened the door a man comes out screaming holding his bloody hand he ran to the counter and was yelling about the sig 9mm they just sold him was defective. I pretended to browse by the front at this point so I could hear what was going on turns out he was a Yankee from NYC this was his first pistol he ever owned and did not understand to keep your hand out of the way of the action. He wanted a refund and blamed sig and the store for not posting a warning on the pistol that it fires with action he thought a pin hit the primer and the weapon discharged with no action. The whole time he was ranting and screaming his sig was still in his other hand one in the pipe blood all over his shirt and pants.

Back
Top Bottom