• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Was in nicks guns in marietta a few years back just checked in for range time.
as I opened the door a man comes out screaming holding his bloody hand he ran to the counter and was yelling about the sig 9mm they just sold him was defective. I pretended to browse by the front at this point so I could hear what was going on turns out he was a Yankee from NYC this was his first pistol he ever owned and did not understand to keep your hand out of the way of the action. He wanted a refund and blamed sig and the store for not posting a warning on the pistol that it fires with action he thought a pin hit the primer and the weapon discharged with no action. The whole time he was ranting and screaming his sig was still in his other hand one in the pipe blood all over his shirt and pants.

Why didn't no one clear/make him clear the pistol? Especially being upset...smh

Here ya go....

clip.jpgmagazine.jpg

I took a SKS into a pawn shop in Atlanta to try and trade for a revolver plus cash in my end. The old guy behind the counter asked what does it shoot. I said 7.62x39. He started huffing and puffing and said, I don't deal with those odd ball calibers. I said this is one of the most produced rounds ever. He said nope, no oddballs.

I took a SKS into a pawn shop in Atlanta to try and trade for a revolver plus cash in my end. The old guy behind the counter asked what does it shoot. I said 7.62x39. He started huffing and puffing and said, I don't deal with those odd ball calibers. I said this is one of the most produced rounds ever. He said nope, no oddballs.
Should of said it shoots ak ammo

Most recent WTF moment was a couple of weeks ago at an indoor range. Just me and one other shooter on the range. I'm doing my thing when I notice the other guy is shooting his AR at 7 yds. No biggie, until I see him working on his sights. I casually step over and strike up a conversation after he asks me about my gun. I inquire about his sight in and ask if everything is going OK. He tells me he's having trouble and can't remember which direction to adjust the sight. I put 2+2 together and realize he's trying to get absolute zero at pistol range and he's going long range shooting with friends soon. So I suggest moving the target to 25 yards and head back to my lane. When I'm done, we continue the earlier conversation. He just finished a string standing, freestyle at 25. Hits are all over the place. So I suggest taking a seat, resting on the bench and getting it really dialed in. Also talk about 25/50/100 zeros and show him a couple ballistic charts I keep on my phone for reference. Then I notice the gun is a 16" stainless barreled upper. I ask to take a look at the gun that he just bought from a friend. Observations: Noveske barrel, mega billet receivers, Geissele trigger, Spikes NiB bcg. Overall a nice home build, but not well cared for with rust on the flash hider and the barrel. Poor guy had a gun with great potential and no idea what to do with it. Bcg was dry as a bone, not a single drop of lube anywhere. We had a great conversation on how to clean it, lube it, get it zeroed, optics choices and how to maintain it. Felt bad for the guy though because there's no telling what he paid for it and was lost as a goose. Hopefully, he got enough info to really enjoy the gun for what it was.

I do a lot of indoor ranges. I have some free range cards from gun purchases so I do go once every six months. I would have to say the OP post is quite the dumbest and most dangerous thing I have ever heard of. I would reached across the counter and slapped the sh*t out of him.

Back
Top Bottom