• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

Had a range officer almost physically accost me when I stepped up to the booth and uncovered my CCW. He asked if I was law engforcement (Im not) and then berated me for bringing a loaded weapon into a "cold range facility". I asked if there was any signage - he told me yes there is and that NO range in atlanta allows loaded firearms until you are in the booth. I politely complied with his order to empty the gun for show, and then load it right back to begin shooting. 10 min later my buddy shows up in the lane next to me and got the same treatment. I went outside and verified this store has NO signage whatsoever - then asked the front desk employees who both had no clue what the RO was so mad about. I've never seen him since and all the other employees are extremely nice - I open carry half the time I'm there.

Also, I could write a book about the dumb ass comments that come from Bass Pro employees - It pains me to listen to the guys give 'advise' to new shooters. My favorite was an employee told a guy looking at a cheap red dot that the nice thing about dots is you dont have holdovers like regular scopes - that the way the dot works no matter what range you shoot 10 yards to 1000 yard the dot is always where the bullet will hit!

I was in a gun store talking with the the nice guy behind the counter about different types of ammo when he left to answer the phone. An older gentleman next to me started telling me the best type of ammo was straight lead rounds because the heat generated from the round going down the barrel liquefied the lead and caused it to fly through the air like a rain drop which he stated was the most aerodynamic shape out there. I chuckled thinking he was joking and received a blank stare.

was at walmart prob a year ago and there was a guy who was saying he wanted to buy ammo for his ar10 and needed 762, i then saw the employee grab 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r and the guy got super excited and said "thats the cheapest i've ever heard of!!! (they were both boxes of tula) and ask the cashier how much they had, i then broke his heart when i informed him that none of that would work but told him that tula made a steel case .308, he then looked at me like i had no clue what i was talking about and said "my guns 7.62 not .308 . . ." it took alot out of me to be calm when i was correcting him the second time

I was looking at a 28" Mossberg 935 at Walmart once and the guy behind the counter tells me, "That's a good gun. I lost count of how many men I cut in half with that same model when I was in Vietnam."

He musta been wanna dos sealranger secret four- sis types

anim_pyro.gif
anim_pistol.gif

Back
Top Bottom